Last night news broke that Jason Momoa, who many of you may know as Khal Drago from The Game of Thrones, was in talks to star in Zack Synder’s Man of Steel sequel. Since this fact released on the Internet there has been much speculation on which character Momoa could play, some saying the hero Martian Manhunter, others leaning towards the villain Doomsday. Let’s speculate more after the jump.

So, Jason Momoa is certainly a physically built man who could play a long list of superheroes. Major Spoilers own Rodrigo suggested that Momoa could easily jump into the Bat suit, if it weren’t that darned Ben Affleck. After looking at Momoa some more, I can’t help but agree. I mean, look at that jaw line! Could he instead be playing a Nightwing character that has been rumored to appear in Man of Steel 2: The Search for More Money? I would certainly be okay with that casting, except I highly doubt DC and Warner Bros are going to cast a more physically dominating Bat character than Batman.

The rumor of Doomsday would certainly be an interesting choice, but I think with casting so many heroes into a film Man of Steel 2: Infinite Fan Crisis will tone down the name recognition of the villain in order to focus more of the heroes.

Is there another character you would like to see Jason Momoa play in the coming sequel? Let us know in the comments below!

via Empire Online

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

New Comic Releases for December 11, 2013

VIDEO GAMES: Telltale Games take on Borderlands

1. Kevin Kortekaas
    December 10, 2013 at 8:13 am — Reply

I don’t think he’s talented enough to play Martian Manhunter, I’d call Doomsday.

2. Ray
    December 10, 2013 at 8:13 am — Reply

I really can’t see Momoa playing anyone in the Bat-Family. He just doesn’t seem to fit the bill for me. I see him more along the lines of Non, from Supperman II, or maybe Lobo, the main man.

Unless of course they are going to be bring this in as a tie in to the new 52 Justice League, and they want to bring him on as Apocolips, which he would have both the build and the voice for. Other that that, he is not really a great choice for a lot of DC character roles.

• Ray
      December 10, 2013 at 8:15 am — Reply

Make that Darksied… Apocolips is the planet… Duh…

3. Mark
    December 10, 2013 at 3:00 pm — Reply

Vandal savage

4. December 10, 2013 at 3:27 pm — Reply

I could see him as J’onn J’onzz. When he played Ronon Dex on Stargate Atlantis, he played a similar “alien among humans who is slowly learning their ways” role, so I think he could pull it off.

• randolph defreese
      December 10, 2013 at 3:57 pm — Reply

His character was human on sga.

• December 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm — Reply

Not an Earth human, though. The humans from other worlds were different from the humans of Earth, and his culture was far different from that which he found when he became part of the Atlantis crew.

5. Dragonqueen
    December 10, 2013 at 4:13 pm — Reply

Over on Nerdist they’re speculating that he might be Lobo.
    He certainly could pull off that look.

6. Kirby
    December 10, 2013 at 5:49 pm — Reply

Y’know I could see him as Martian Manhunter, I don’t think that’s a bad choice. Also maybe Vandal Savage?

7. dan
    December 10, 2013 at 8:16 pm — Reply

No human actor is physically imposing enough to play Doomsday. If Doomsday is in man of steel 2 (and honestly, why should he be thos early in the game), he should be created by Stan Winston Studios or Weta.

8. December 11, 2013 at 9:32 am — Reply

I think the Vandal Savage idea has merit. And instead of a cave man he’s the Kryptonian from the opened stasis capsule that Clark found on that 15000 year old scout ship.