What really happened to Bruce Wayne between R.I.P. and The Return of Bruce Wayne?  We’ve seen Final Crisis, sure, and we know what Neil Gaiman did with his Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader, but with this week’s release of Batman #701, Grant Morrison gives us the “real” answer.

BATMAN #701
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by TONY DANIEL

via The Source

DeadpoolMAX coming in October

New Comic Releases for July 14, 2010

1. Jacin B
    July 12, 2010 at 5:43 pm — Reply

I really, really dislike Grant Morrison. I really wish he’d quit having to have his way with Batman.

“Yes, I know what those other writers did. But, they’re not me. I’m Grant Morrison. Unless I say it happened, it probably didn’t. I’m going to explain to you what really happened and you’ll have to read unfindable back issues of books that I wrote 15 years ago in order to understand what I mean …”

• Brian G.
      July 13, 2010 at 7:11 am — Reply

I’m very interested in what you have to say and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

lol.

2. TheNewNum.2
    July 12, 2010 at 6:47 pm — Reply

I kind of chuckled at the title: RIP – The missing chapter… which kind of acknowledges the fact that there were gaps in the story. The art looks cool, but personally I’m more interested in “The Return Home”.

3. Ricco
    July 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm — Reply

“Grant Morrison and Tony Daniel re-team to tell the exciting 2-part, untold tale of Bruce Wayne and his adventures between BATMAN R.I.P. and FINAL CRISIS! What happened to Batman – and Dr. Hurt, for that matter – after the devastating events at the climax of R.I.P.? And what secrets within this story point toward THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE?”

“untold tale”… I believe the correct words are “huge plothole”

4. J Michael T
    July 13, 2010 at 5:05 am — Reply

Could they drag this out any longer?!?

5. brenton8090
    July 13, 2010 at 6:40 am — Reply

You know when this would have been great?
    BETWEEN RIP AND FINAL CRISIS.
    Maybe time-travelling Bruce Wayne can stop in at DC on his way back to the present and solicit this ON TIME.
    Until then, count me out.

6. Damascus
    July 22, 2010 at 2:22 pm — Reply

Sadly I can’t keep up with DC or well much of anything else really, I just can’t afford so many comics every week to keep up. I’m basically lost from about right before Identity Crisis or was it Infinite Crisis up to current.