The highly anticipated, and highly criticized, The Hobbit arrives in theaters (in the United States of America) this week, and you know that has to be the basis of the Poll of the Week.

Will you see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on opening weekend?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

HOBBIT WEEK: Kids React to The Hobbit

TRAILER: New Man of Steel trailer arrives

1. Jon
    December 11, 2012 at 11:55 am — Reply

Kids and holiday obligations won’t allow me to catch this opening weekend. Though I will be seeing it in the theater eventually.

With everything I’m reading about the 48fps experience, in particular with how it calls attention to the artifice of CGI, I’m wondering whether this was the best movie to introduce this technology to audiences. Certainly isn’t getting the same kind of love Avatar did.

2. Cat Halo
    December 11, 2012 at 11:59 am — Reply

I will be catching it on Thursday, opening night, in my local movie house. But I’ll have to head in to town (Dublin city centre) to see it again on Mon, in 3D, in IMAX, in 48fps.

• Jon
      December 11, 2012 at 12:12 pm — Reply

Looking forward to your review of 48fps.

3. GeorgeDubya
    December 11, 2012 at 12:15 pm — Reply

The plan is to watch it Friday with the ladyfriend. We’re both really looking forward to the movie, but we’re even more excited for Les Mis later this month.

4. Frank
    December 11, 2012 at 1:07 pm — Reply

I’ll see it on Monday in IMAX. Whether it is in 48 fps, depends on the theatre.

5. BRZA
    December 11, 2012 at 1:50 pm — Reply

Oh I’ll probably see it at some point in the next year (there’s a great 2nd run 2-dollar theater next to the chateu de BRZA), but I’m still grumble-cakes about this whole trilogy business.

6. ArcticPhoenix
    December 11, 2012 at 2:51 pm — Reply

Gonna see it the weekend after, but im gonna try to avoid spoilers as best i can!

7. December 11, 2012 at 5:23 pm — Reply

Plans changed now Thursday at midnight for me.

8. December 11, 2012 at 8:27 pm — Reply

I’ll be waiting for DVDs. I would enjoy seeing it in the theater just for the chance to see the visuals on the big screen, but being deaf makes it quite difficult to fully enjoy a movie until I can see it with captions or subtitles (and I don’t have anywhere within reasonable distance that plays subtitled movies other than really old martial arts flicks occasionally).

I also just do not have the funds to justify seeing it in the theater. If someone offers to take me, then I might go, but otherwise I just can’t really afford even the discount early weekend shows.

9. Shush
    December 12, 2012 at 11:02 am — Reply

Normally I would be watching something like the Hobbit on Opening Night, but because of the holidays, I’m going to delay seeing it until I visit the rest of the family and we can all go together.

10. b003
    December 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm — Reply

I’d see the midnight showing but it’s too freaking cold for that. Opening day works for me.

11. BlackfootFerret
    December 17, 2012 at 5:06 am — Reply

If I didn’t have so many CHRISTMAS things to do this week, I’d see it on opening night.. wish they wouldn’t wait until people didn’t have time to see it.