Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

On the Next Major Spoilers Podcast: The Authority

Red 5 Comics Sneak Peek: Atomic Robo 4.3

1. Brian
    May 18, 2010 at 12:45 pm — Reply

I can’t vote in this one. I’m way more interested in seeing the GL movie but think that his Deadpool will be more entertaining. I want one for the character and the other for the whole film.

2. Ricco
    May 18, 2010 at 12:48 pm — Reply

It depends, use of deadly force GLs or not? ‘Cuz unless you kill him, Deadpool doesn’t know when to give up, stop, brush his teeth, bath, spell his own name, cut his nail without cutting his finger off… He’s literally an insane cockroach with a method to his madness. Hal is a space cop with the most powerful weapon ever made, but my money will always go with the crazy Canadian (rule of thumb, don’t bet against insanity). Plus, his yellow and white boxes would make it a 3 on 1 fight.

3. Larry King
    May 18, 2010 at 1:21 pm — Reply

I have to give it to Green Lantern. But I have to say that Deadpool’s ability to break the 4th wall would be tough to combat.

4. AndyC
    May 18, 2010 at 3:09 pm — Reply

@Brian

I couldn’t vote at first so I cleared the browser cache and cookies and was then able to vote. I’m guessing that with the website going down and coming back it may need to reset cookies and what not and some browsers aren’t handling it well.

AndyC

• Brian
      May 19, 2010 at 9:19 am — Reply

Thanks but it’s not that I’m physically unable to vote but rather that I can’t be forced to make this Sofie’s Choice decision. Thanks though! (I love Major Spoilers for their ever helpful supporters!)

5. peter
    May 18, 2010 at 3:16 pm — Reply

for some reason I only see the results of this poll, and not the vote screen. And I have not yet voted. Not that I’m going to because I am to unfamiliar with both of these charaters. I have seen deadpool in the wolverine movie and I have read about the green lantern in Kingdome come but that is about it.

But I just thought I mentioned it. Might be a bug or something in the new site.

6. litanyofthieves
    May 18, 2010 at 3:20 pm — Reply

Hmm… in a “real” fight, GL would curbstomp Deadpool(not literally). But in a Marvel book, I suspect Deadpool’s popularity would give him an edge. (THEN there might be a literal curbstomp. Ow.)

7. Carl
    May 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm — Reply

The thing is GL could pick him up and drop him on an alien planet without getting within a mile of Deadpool. What does Deadpool have that comes close to the range of a power ring?

• Ricco
      May 18, 2010 at 3:51 pm — Reply

“What does Deadpool have that comes close to the range of a power ring?”

He’s killed readers AND writers of his comics on panel, let’s see a GL ring do THAT!

8. Battling Nelson
    May 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm — Reply

Can’t compare them. One is in the DC universe and the other is Marvel

9. Astrodinosaurus
    May 18, 2010 at 5:06 pm — Reply

GL obviously, though nobody ever really “beats” Deadpool. He’s like a cockroach.
    Oh and I don’t know if this has anything to do with the “downtime” and all but
    I CANT VOTE!

10. Kirby
    May 18, 2010 at 5:17 pm — Reply

Hmm… it says I voted when I did not, but my vote goes for Green Lantern.

• Ricco
      May 18, 2010 at 5:38 pm — Reply

er… something’s wrong with the voting thingy, you guys say you can’t vote yet I’ve voted over 10 times in a row (without doing anything in particular like play with my cache). The count goes up everytime I vote, odd…

11. FatBirdWillFly
    May 18, 2010 at 5:42 pm — Reply

i don’t see breaking the 4th wall and talking to the audience while your in a fight helping him in any way. my votes for green lantern.

• Astrodinosaurus
      May 18, 2010 at 8:46 pm — Reply

I’m voting GL to, but Deadpool on occasion actually breaks “reality” predicts the future and/or comes up with insane schemes that work. That and he is also virtually immortal. Do not underestimate him, he’s like the Joker crossed with Wolverine and he may even have a Canadian passport.

12. Bob
    May 18, 2010 at 6:15 pm — Reply

Deadpool doesn’t stop talking so Hal flys into the sun to put himself out of his misery…

13. aerspyder
    May 19, 2010 at 7:55 am — Reply

Deadpool has a yellow inner monologue. How can GL hope to deal with that?