In case you missed it on the Major Spoilers Podcast, I’m right in the middle of the post production for a bit that is due tomorrow morning, and my need to get this thing edited yesterday, had me miss an all important deadline, with you Dear Reader – the Art Appreciation Moment of the Day.  Had I not been buried under a mountain of DV Tapes, a mess of wires connecting decks to monitors, and hard drives to less than top of the line computers, I would have presented you with this – Chris Foulkes take on Wonder Woman.  A little manga never hurt anyone.

(Click for larger image)
(Click for larger image)

Now, if you’ll excuse me, my render is finished, which means it’s time to move on to audio sweetening, before final output.

via Deviant Art

Guy Ritchie to direct Lobo

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

1. September 3, 2009 at 8:42 am — Reply

A little manga never hurt anyone.
    —-
    Yeah right, that’s how it starts. Then you wake up one morning with big eyes, a small mouth, and a tentacle in your bed.

Not bad art though, I really like the inking.

2. Navarre
    September 3, 2009 at 8:49 am — Reply

WW here is maybe a little short in the torso and thick in the thighs but I do like the piece. The manga work makes her look much more youthful. Yet I think it works well for this illustration.

3. Brother129
    September 3, 2009 at 9:04 am — Reply

Bite your tongue! This Manga definitely hurt me:)

4. September 3, 2009 at 9:33 am — Reply

I love this; instant fave!

5. Mike Keller
    September 3, 2009 at 10:58 am — Reply

Beautiful.
    This one reminds me very much of Promethea.
    Haven’t seen Victoria in that one yet!!

• Navarre
      September 3, 2009 at 11:04 am — Reply

Haven’t seen much of Victoria, period. Don’t you work around here? LOL

Personally, I like the Wonder Woman piece as well even though I am not a manga fan.

I’m not sure why though. Maybe it’s because often WW looks a bit … I dunno … hardened. This invokes images of a younger, more optimistic warrior-maiden.

6. September 4, 2009 at 6:15 pm — Reply

Wow, she looks…

young….

Is this Wonder Girl?

I guess I like to imagine my superheroes to be in their early 30s…. Wonder why that is?

• Navarre
      September 5, 2009 at 8:14 am — Reply

I don’t know. Why do you think that is?

• September 6, 2009 at 9:22 pm — Reply

One of my coworkers is 18. She has spent the last couple of days living out of her car during a move, causing her to wear colorful brassieres under white tops, making the underclothing clearly visible. Generally, that might be worth noticing in a girl-enjoyment way, but this just made me wonder if she’s okay, and if she’s getting enough sleep…

The reason you like superheroes in your 30’s is the same reason that I looked at her and didn’t think “Ooh, lingerie.” Age-appropriateness. :)

7. xrayguy
    September 5, 2009 at 4:52 pm — Reply

Manga look is nice, but takes her too young, not quite up to the “Woman” title