SOLICITATIONS: 12-Gauge Comics for September 2011

SDCC'11: Warner Bros. to throw key party at Comic Con

1. diagnull
    June 29, 2011 at 11:47 am — Reply

As a 3 muskateers movie, I don’t know…

As an *action* movie…F yeah!

2. June 29, 2011 at 12:02 pm — Reply

Christoph Waltz playing Richelieu? I might just watch this for a giggle.

3. June 29, 2011 at 12:22 pm — Reply

The acting and writing in this movie looks atrocious, but I might just watch it for Milia Jovavich and flying airships.

4. litanyofthieves
    June 29, 2011 at 2:20 pm — Reply

It’s nice to see Ray Stevenson getting a lead role, but I think I’m going to skip this one.

• Damascus
      July 13, 2011 at 8:50 am — Reply

He got to play Volstagg in the Thor movie, oh and Frank Castle in that Punisher War Zone movie that practically went straight to video.

5. June 29, 2011 at 2:37 pm — Reply

Only thing missing is a song by Rod Stewart, Sting and Bryan Adams.

6. BigEZ
    June 29, 2011 at 3:49 pm — Reply

I was going to give this one a pass thinking “Three Musketeers” what can they do that we haven’t seen yet. Okay battleship dirigibles it is!! If anything it looks visually different than what has come before.

7. TaZ
    June 29, 2011 at 3:56 pm — Reply

Hell, it looks like good fun that completely goes over the top. I’m in for the 2-D version (3-D gives me a head-ache).

8. TorontoFrog
    June 29, 2011 at 6:27 pm — Reply

Oh man. Airships? Really? This is completely ridiculous. And Milla Jovovich playing a Milady de Winter as a female renaissance-type Neo! Man I can’t just shut my brain off enough to appreciate the action value of this!

9. Rocket Rooster
    June 29, 2011 at 7:44 pm — Reply

I think Dumas hasn’t stopped spinning from the Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen version. To each his own and not wanting to attack those that liked it — but, personally speaking, darn I hated that movie.

10. Ricco
    June 30, 2011 at 8:41 am — Reply

Remember John Woo’s The Musketeer? This reminds me of that way too much, I draw the line at Cardinal De Richelieu fighting with a sword which was obviously added just so he can be killed in battle in the movie (don’t think the Cardinal has ever been killed any of the adaptations). Oddly enough for me the 3 Musketeers movie from Disney was one of my favorite and the one most people will compare this to I think, this movie is too “steam punk” for me, I half expect Buckingham to have a giant steam-powered spider for the final fight…

11. June 30, 2011 at 10:48 am — Reply

How many times has this movie been made now?

The fast/slow frame rate was really cool the first time it was used. How many movies have used this technique now?

12. loufalce
    July 1, 2011 at 9:45 am — Reply

I`ll go to see this just to see how those flying galleons are explained.,Maybe Rene Descartes or Blaise Pascal had something to do with it.

13. xrayguy
    July 2, 2011 at 6:26 pm — Reply

Flying airships in Old France?? Sure, why not, and lets give everyone CELL PHONES, and give the cannons LASER SIGHTS-no, not cannons, DC-15 blaster guns, and a spunky little robot pal. Gees, if your gonna crap on something, crap ALL over it.
    Not that anyone who sees this is going to go read a book or anything, but the original story is pretty good as it stands (yes, wordy and purple by todays standards, but a good yarn). The 80s version w Michael York and Raquel Welch still sits pretty high on the adaptation list, but I’d even put the Gene Kelly Technicolor romp over the crud these guys are promising.