Sneak Peek: Star Wars: The Clone Wars returns this week

FRUIT! AH-AAAA!

1. TaZ
    January 5, 2011 at 9:49 am — Reply

The girl is bigger than he his.

2. January 5, 2011 at 10:15 am — Reply

They’re not doing it for me. Of course, my image of Spider-Man is stuck back in the 60s.

Gwen should look more like Carol Lynley in her prime – an ethereal beauty. I thought Alex Ross did a great job of capturing her in Marvels.

Aunt May may want to pawn something off and get her nephew a comb.

Will he have mechanical web-shooters this time?

• @lantis
      January 5, 2011 at 11:52 pm — Reply

I hope not. While I like the mechanical shooters in comic form, the movie is made better if they just eliminate that element. It is just another scene they have to put in to explain that element of his powers which takes time away from the rest of the story. If this weren’t likely to be a 90 minute movies, I probably would be hoping for the mechanical shooters.

3. Navarre
    January 5, 2011 at 5:32 pm — Reply

I’ll have to see them portraying the character to get a feel for it. I can’t be too harsh on people just sitting there. Peter could use a trim though to look more nerdy and not so Rob Pattinson.

4. January 5, 2011 at 6:37 pm — Reply

I agree, Joe.

I like Emma Stone, but this Gwen Stacy looks too pretty, where Alex Ross depicted her as a more everyday beauty.

And what is up with Peter Parker’s hair?!

5. Jim
    January 5, 2011 at 6:43 pm — Reply

I don’t have any problem with Stacy. I think she looks a normal level of pretty. Peter, on the hand, with his poofy hair and fingerless gloves, looks a bit too “cool guy” for this role, IMHO.

6. Ricco
    January 5, 2011 at 7:17 pm — Reply

Stereotypical “deep, cool guy” on the left, stereotypical “cheerleader with a heart of gold” on the right. Doesn’t look good to me, but this is just a pic, movie might still be awesome.

• January 6, 2011 at 8:21 am — Reply

i never knew Peter Parker was a hipster.

7. @lantis
    January 5, 2011 at 11:54 pm — Reply

Is it wrong for me to hope they do the “Death of Gwen Stacy” arc right off the bat?

8. Eddie Sheridan
    January 6, 2011 at 7:58 am — Reply

Apparently, the plot of this Spider-Man movie will involve Peter tracking down whoever stole the fingers off of his gloves.

9. January 6, 2011 at 3:48 pm — Reply

I’m not really happy with any of the casting choices thus far. Maybe they’ll surprise me though. I hope they do.