Warlord of Mars announced with sneak peek

SDCC'10: Image Comic releases schedule

1. MaximusRift
    July 19, 2010 at 1:29 pm — Reply

As probably the only Jubilation Lee fan in the Major Spoilers community, I’m glad to see her relevant again. However, I’m worried.

I feel that this will go the same rout as the whole Speedball/Penance angle: A character that was jovial being remade “dark and edgy”. I’m also feeling that she might end up on the X-Force. I really hope I’m wrong.

• July 20, 2010 at 12:03 am — Reply

Seems pretty likely at this point… Dark Veeennngeannnnce!!!

• Damascus
      July 31, 2010 at 3:25 pm — Reply

I’m a fan of Jubilee, probably because I grew up watching the 90’s X-Men cartoon, so I’ve always seen her as a part of the main team. I think her powerset was ridiculous, but whatever. Also, since being depowered, she hasn’t really been all that jovial. Her time with the (New) New Warriors (newerest?) had her pretty broody, so being a vampire might be a good thing. I guess I’m kinda hoping that when everything is all resolved, Jubilation is left with some new powers and can start being a player again.

2. Navarre
    July 19, 2010 at 1:50 pm — Reply

Writers seem to delite in making nice characters evil. Mary Marvel?

3. TaZ
    July 19, 2010 at 4:41 pm — Reply

X-Men: Eclipse? I have to admit that the “Twilight” overkill has pretty much ruined any interest I have in vampires in the Marvel U. That’s pretty bad considering I used to follow the old “Tomb of Dracula” mags with the characters that ended up in the “Blade” movies (Blade, Hannibal King, Lilith, etc.) and Moribus back in the day.

4. July 23, 2010 at 9:57 pm — Reply

I really wouldn’t mind if Jubilee ended up on X-Force, I just don’t want it to be with her as a vampire. I’d much rather her have gotten her powers back, and not be afraid to use them like she was before. Unless the writers retcon it somewhat, Jubilee at one point was said to be one of the most powerful mutants that Emma had ever encountered.

• Damascus
      July 31, 2010 at 3:28 pm — Reply

I only remember Jubes as being able to shoot off fireworks, what makes her so powerful? I must have missed a decade of X-history.