Top Cow Solicitations for May 2010

DC Comics Sneak Peek: The Flash: Rebirth #6

1. Ash
    February 19, 2010 at 12:09 pm — Reply

Looks cool, but there is to much swearing… I guess all the directors think that you need to load a movie full of swearing to make it hip and cool now a days.

• Ben Gebhart
      February 19, 2010 at 1:19 pm — Reply

Have you heard kids talk since the year 1952? They ALL swear like that.

• February 19, 2010 at 4:51 pm — Reply

That’s actually a HUGE generalization.

The use of swearing in this isn’t to be “hip” or “cool”, but to reflect the atmosphere of the movie. It doesn’t take itself seriously, anyone can see in this trailer. If you’ve ever seen Fight Club, you’ll see how you can get over swearing pretty easily, if the movie draws you in well enough.

• astrodinosaurus
          February 19, 2010 at 5:49 pm — Reply

Not a “huge” generalization… Anyways it would seem really fake if they didn’t swear..and people are getting amputated in this movie, come on ;)

2. downbylaw
    February 19, 2010 at 7:20 pm — Reply

I too think it is overkill. Much like the Herogasm run from “The Boys”.

3. February 20, 2010 at 4:27 am — Reply

I don’t think it’s swearing when the youth does it, I for one use language my parents wouldn’t approve of when I’m with my peers but all the f-words and what not are just adjectives.