Next to the Justice League Unlimited action figures, the DC Universe Classics line (and the build-a-figure series) is on my must buy list.  It’s just too bad our local stores don’t care any of the figures, forcing me to go online to quietly build up my collection.   This spring, Mattel will launch the thirteenth series of the action figure line that includes Blue Beetle, Blue Devil, Wonder Girl, and Negative Man.

Gallery after the jump!

via Matty Collector

George Lucas "Meh...what are you going to do?"

Berserker Comics Sneak Peek: Church of Hell #3

1. J Michael T
    January 7, 2010 at 3:36 pm — Reply

Just starter collecting these and I’m loving the detail and quality. The unmasked Negative Man looks awesome.

2. January 7, 2010 at 4:07 pm — Reply

I don’t even like action figures, but I might have to get that Blue Beetle figure. That character’s design is fantastic. Hamner is a genius.

• ~wyntermute~
      January 7, 2010 at 7:03 pm — Reply

Quoted for “exactly what I was gonna say”. And I’d like to say it applies to Blue Devil too.. OMG… My two favorite Blue Guys in action-figure form?? They might just join my lone Transformer (Arcee, for those who give a fadoo) on my “bookshelf of geek!” ^_^!!!!!

3. January 7, 2010 at 5:02 pm — Reply

I sorta wonder WHERE in the world these figures are carried, cause my stores never carry the latest lines either, and my friend’s doesn’t, and my hometown doesn’t. I think Mattel just releases them on Ebay now. LOL I swear…. what’s up with going into Target and still seeing Wave 6 or 7? I mean, COME on. And that’s after the shelves have been replenished. Must have that Blue Devil and Negative Man (though I wish Negative Man was one figure, like the latest Robotman, with removal helmet/brain. Too bad you can only get the glowing face in a variant version.)

• January 7, 2010 at 9:40 pm — Reply

They do appear in Target, and Mattel claims they ship to Wal-Mart, but I have never seen any of these figures (or the JLU ones) in my local Crap-Mart

4. Dr. Bolty
    January 7, 2010 at 5:39 pm — Reply

JAIME!

*happy dance*

5. Slappy
    January 7, 2010 at 8:46 pm — Reply

Who is going to be the first to line up and buy cyclotron? Did he do anything past the Super Powers series?

• January 8, 2010 at 11:43 pm — Reply

I want a Cyclotron, but only if I can get my Black Vulcan, Samurai, Golden Pharoah and El Dorado figs to go with him.

6. Allen Jones
    January 7, 2010 at 10:27 pm — Reply

Shoot my Wal-Mart just started carrying Wave 9. and we’re already talking Wave 13? Good lord, not fair that part of the country can get these and others can’t.

7. J Michael T
    January 7, 2010 at 10:48 pm — Reply

I live in suburbia in North Georgia and so far I have found them at Target, Walmart, two local comic shops, eBay and online collectible stores. It’s been a challenge! And totally random.

8. January 8, 2010 at 8:17 am — Reply

Well, I guess my ranting was to say I DO find them, but they’re ALWAYS wave 7 and BELOW. NEVER above. Target, Walmarts (and Walmarts are hit or miss. Some carry the line, while others I’ve noticed do not.) I mean, why in the world does wave 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 come out; they’re announcing wave 13, and none of them show up in stores?! It’s ridiculous. Even my comic store has to order them on Ebay, and sell them for like $30. a piece (which is again, ridiculous.) More ranting, over. LOL

9. Robbie
    January 9, 2010 at 6:18 pm — Reply

Stephen:
    My Walmart is just like yours, but in the reset following Christmas, they have added them to the “super-hero” section in an odd assortment, Changeling, Man-Bat, Power Girl, Blue and Gold, —several figures from different waves.