The Royal Mail announced it is honoring Iron Maid with a set of 12 stamps that you can lick and stick to correspond with your fellow Maiden fans.
Here is the lowdown from Royal Mail:
- Eight of the stamps will feature images of some of their legendary performances over the years
- A further four stamps, presented in a miniature sheet, pay homage to the band’s long-serving mascot and pop-cultural icon in his own right, Eddie
- Royal Mail collaborated closely with the band members and Phantom Music Management Ltd on the stamp issue
- Iron Maiden become only the fifth music group to feature in a dedicated stamp issue – following on from The Beatles in 2007, Pink Floyd in 2016, Queen in 2020, and the Rolling Stones in 2022
- The stamps and a range of collectible products are available to pre-order from today (January 5) at www.royalmail.com/ironmaiden and by phone on +44 (0)3457 641 641
- The stamps go on general sale from January 12, 2023 with a Presentation Pack containing all 12 stamps priced at £17.70
So, how many of you Yanks are going to pony up the money for these and have them shipped across the pond?