Delver Season 2, the sequel to the fantasy adventure series that examines modern social issues through the eyes and actions of a young and tenacious teen from a small village who must navigate the uncertain world around her arrives digitally June 28, 2022 from Amazon’s Comixology Originals exclusive digital content line.
In the follow up to Delver, the comic book series created by Iron Circus Comics founder C. Spike Trotman and YA author MK Reed, Trotman picks up with Temerity’s next big choice: to accept change or fight against what destroyed her home. Delver Season 2 features art by Clive Hawken, colors by Maarta Laiho, letters by Ed Dukeshire and edits by Kel McDonald.
The paperback edition will arrive from Dark Horse Books on February 7, 2023, marking the first time that the book will be available in print for customers in comic shops, bookstores, and libraries.
Delver Season 2
· Temerity has returned home from Dungeon. But Oddgoat has grown to Newdoorbie. But the name isn’t the only thing that’s changed. She once had to decide between the familiar or the exciting but dangerous. Now the familiar is gone. Her new choice is to accept change or fight against what destroyed her home.
· Available digitally June 28, 2022 from Comixology Originals
· [Delver Book 2 / 128 pages / color / MSRP $19.99/$25.99 pbk / ISBN: 978-1-50673088-2/ on sale February 7, 2023 / Dark Horse Books] · Delver, collects issues 1-5 of the digital Comixology Originals series
· When the door to a dungeon surfaces in the tiny village of Oddgoat and droves of newcomers arrive, the influx threatens the livelihoods of longtime residents – including teen Temerity Aster and her family. As wild magic and gentrification increase, Temerity is forced to make a choice: abandon the only home she’s ever known to carpet baggers and sellswords, or delve into the new and dangerous dungeon below in the hopes of finding unclaimed gold and treasure to support her family.
· [Delver / 144 pages / color / MSRP $19.99/$25.99 pbk / ISBN: 978-1-50672452-2/ Dark Horse Books] · C. Spike Trotman is a cartoonist and publisher who was born in DC, raised in MD, and currently resides in Chicago, IL. She likes anchovies, roughhousin’ dogs, and god games. She cohosts the podcast “Dirty Old Ladies.” Iron Circus Comics belongs to her, but she’ll let you hold it if you ask nicely. More: ironcircus.com
· Clive Hawken is a comic artist and illustrator, born and bred in the Pacific Northwest. With energetic mark-making and a distinct figurative style, he draws from his complicated personal narrative as a young, transgender man to create empathetic stories and images. Inspired by all things kitsch and camp, he looks to reinvigorate the aesthetics and ideas of pulp and genre fiction in his work. Clive graduated from the Pacific Northwest College of Art in Portland, Oregon in 2017. If he’s not drawing a huge, buff dude right now, he probably will be soon. More: clivehawken.com