Marvel Comics has announced the October release of Marvel’s Voices: Comunidades #1, that turns the spotlight on the Latinx heroes and creators from the Marvel Universe.
These all-new stories will feature thrilling adventures of some of Marvel’s most popular heroes while celebrating the range of their cultural heritage as told by fan-favorite writers and artists and those making their Marvel Comics debut.
- Writer Terry Blas introduces a brand-new hero in an action-packed adventure spinning out of his acclaimed Reptil series.
- New York Times best-selling author Daniel José Older revisits the legacy of Marvel’s first super hero of Latino descent, Hector Ayala aka White Tiger, in an inspiring story rooted in real history.
- Catch up with the current White Tiger, Ava Ayala, when author Amparo Ortiz has the young hero confront the dark nature of her powers.
- Travel to the past with writer Juan Ponce to witness Nina the Conjuror, the Brazilian Sorcerer Supreme of the 1950s, battle the raging nature spirit known as Anhangá.
- Plus an introduction by renowned comics scholar Frederick Luis Aldama about the history of Latinx heroes and creators in the comic book industry.
“Marvel Voices is such a unique project that I feel really drills down on the core Marvel tenet of reflecting the world outside your window–so when the opportunity came to help put together Marvel Voices: Comunidades and celebrate the Latinx community, I couldn’t have been more excited,” Co-Editor Lauren Amaro said in a press release from Marvel Comics. “And that excitement only continues to grow as story pitches continue to roll in–trust me, you’re not going to want to miss out on what this talented group of creators have got cooking up!”
Marvel Voices: Comunidades #1 arrives on October 20, 2021.