With DC Comics getting reboot(?), relauch(?), return(?), or something happening that requires a lot of new first issues in March 2021, the publishers is releasing a 68-page one-shot that teases what is to come.
As Dark Nights: Death Metal exposes our heroes to the Multiverse’s darkest threats and DC’s Future State event provides a glimpse into possible futures of the DC Universe, this blockbuster one-shot propels our heroes into the current day and a world full of endless possibilities.
“Infinite Frontier #0 really feels like the beginning of a new era of DC Comics, a time when anything is possible,” said writer Joshua Williamson in a press release from DC Comics. “We’re taking the aftermath of Dark Nights: Death Metal and combining it with the best things we love as storytellers about the DC Universe, resulting in bold, fun, and exciting new directions. There are a lot of teases to new story lines, surprises, and mysteries for the year set up in Infinite Frontier #0 that you won’t want to miss.”
Here are the creators currently listed as taking part in this project:
Joshua Williamson, Scott Snyder, and James Tynion IV with John Timms
Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez
Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad with Alitha Martinez
Geoff Johns and Todd Nauck
Joshua Williamson and Alex Maleev
James Tynion IV and Jorge Jiménez
Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Jamal Igle
- An unthinkable, unexpected attack by the Joker makes him the target of a worldwide dragnet with ex-cop Jim Gordon in hot pursuit in the ongoing series The Joker by James Tynion IV and Guillem March
Spinning out of her breakout appearances in Future State: Wonder Woman and Future State:
- Superman/Wonder Woman, a young Yara Flor begins the search for her destiny and connection to the Amazons
- It’s orientation day at Titans Tower as Tim Sheridan and Rafa Sandoval introduce a new group of teen heroes (including the future Red X) to the original New Teen Titans, setting the table for the duo’s Teen Titans Academy series in March
- The adventures of the Justice League continue (beginning with Justice League #59), now written by Brian Michael Bendis with artist David Marquez, with new JL members, including Black Adam, Hippolyta, and Naomi
- Wonder Woman ventures into the “godsphere,” creating an exciting new storyline by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Travis Moore, continuing in March’s Wonder Woman #770
- Award-winning writer Geoff Johns and Todd Nauck tell an all-new Stargirl story
Probably the most surprising thing about the Infinite Frontier #0 is the price tag, which will only be $5.99 for 68 pages. Infinite Frontier #0 arrives on March 2, 2021.