Ready to celebrate Catwoman’s 80th anniversary? DC Comics has announced the big 100-page spectacular will arrive in April 2020.
To honor this publishing milestone, on April 15, 2020, DC will celebrate Catwoman’s 80th anniversary with a landmark one-shot, Catwoman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1. Featuring a cover by series writer/artist Joëlle Jones, this must-have tribute comic includes stories by Ed Brubaker, Cameron Stewart, Paul Dini, Ann Nocenti, Adam Hughes, Tom King, Mikel Janín, Mindy Newell, Will Pfeifer, and Emanuela Lupacchino, as well as pinups by Steve Rude, Tula Lotay, Jim Balent, and others.
In a story that expands their monumental run, writer Ed Brubaker and artist Cameron Stewart will reprise their Catwoman collaboration with a new 12-page story, “The Art of Picking a Lock,” that takes place near end of their original dynamic story line that started with iconic storyteller Darwyn Cooke. And no stranger himself to writing dangerous antiheroes, Harley Quinn co-creator Paul Dini debuts a new character for Selina Kyle’s anniversary in a story about an exotic cat taxidermist who intends to add Catwoman to their collection!
Also, be on the lookout for a number of decade variant covers from a variety of artists.
- 1940s variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
- 1950s variant cover by TRAVIS CHAREST
- 1960s variant cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
- 1970s variant cover by FRANK CHO
- 1980s variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
- 1990s variant cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
- 2000s variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
- 2010s variant cover by JEEHYUNG LEE