Vault Comics announced their 2018 Emerald City Comic Con lineup of exclusive items, creator signings, panels, and live stage interviews. This year marks Vault’s one year anniversary, and to celebrate, the publisher is pulling out all of the stops with an expansive presence at the convention. Emerald City Comic Con attendees can find Vault at booth #1601 on the show floor.
ECCC 2018 EXCLUSIVES FROM VAULT:
In 1997, a group of teenagers discover a treasure of immeasurable wealth. Fearing that their newfound fortune will be stolen from them, they make a pact: One day they’ll all come back as adults, divide their riches, and live happily ever after. Now…fifteen years later, they have returned. Not to uncover a fortune, but to bury a friend. From Eliot Rahal (Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe, The Paybacks) & Felipe Cunha (Flash Gordon, Turok) comes the first full-length series in the much-anticipated Cult Classic Universe!
NY Times Best-selling author, Kevin J. Anderson (NAVIGATORS OF DUNE; TALES OF THE JEDI), and veteran screenwriter and producer, Steven L. Sears (XENA: WARRRIOR PRINCESS) craft a tale of survival in STALAG-X. Joe Human—is taken to a harsh P.O.W. camp on a distant planet where he will be examined, tortured, and forced to endure experiments that rip into his very mind, as the alien Krael seek to answer the question: What is human? A question that, in their hellish situation, the prisoners are finding harder to answer.
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Cult Classic signing with Eliot Rahal
- 11:30am – 12:30pm: Alien Bounty Hunter signing with David Booher, Adrian Wassel & Nick Robles
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Stalag-X signing with Kevin J. Anderson & Steven L. Sears
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Stalag-X signing with Kevin J. Anderson & Steven L. Sears
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Maxwell’s Demons & Zojaqan joint signing with Deniz Camp, Jackson Lanzing, & Nathan Gooden
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Alien Bounty Hunter & Cult Classic joint signing with David Booher, Adrian Wassel, Nick Robles, & Eliot Rahal
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Cult Classic & Maxwell’s Demons signing with Eliot Rahal & Deniz Camp
PANELS & LIVE STAGE EVENTS:
- 3:00 – 4:00pm, TCC L3 Room 4: New Blood: A Year in the Life of a New Publisher: Vault Comics – Breaking into comics! Oooo, what a catch phrase. Let the Vault Comics crew—and a whole bunch of their coolest creators like Natasha Alterici (Heathen) and Deniz Camp (Maxwell’s Demons)—regale you with tales of taking new books, by new creators, into a market that isn’t always keen on new, and selling 100Ks of comics in the process. So seriously, come ask us about how to break in—we had a tremendously successful first year based on just that, breaking new talent.
- 5:45 – 6:00, LIVE STAGE: Reactor Interview with Donny Cates & Dylan Burnett
- 3:00 – 4:00pm, TCC L3, Room 4: Judge Us By Our Covers: Vault Comics – Want someone to grab a comic off the shelf? Give it a cover that stands out—and this is how. Join the forefront of industry professionals—artists, writers, designers, colorists, editors, and publishers—as they discuss what does and doesn’t work in the collaborative madness of making a cover. Come armed with questions!
- 5:15 – 5:30pm, LIVE STAGE: CULT CLASSIC Interview with Eliot Rahal
- 5:30 – 5:45pm, LIVE STAGE: ALIEN BOUNTY HUNTER Interview with Adrian Wassel, David Booher, & Nick Robles
- 6:45 – 7:00pm, LIVE STAGE: STALAG-X Interview with Kevin J. Anderson & Steven L. Sears
- 1:45 – 2:00pm, LIVE STAGE: VAULT COMICS 2018 PREVIEW with Publisher Damian Wassel, and Editor-In-Chief, Adrian Wassel
VAULT CREATORS AT ECCC 2018:
- Kevin J. Anderson (Writer, STALAG-X)
- Jen Bartel (Cover Artist, HEATHEN)
- David M. Booher (Writer, ALIEN BOUNTY HUNTER, POWERLESS)
- Dylan Burnett (Artist, REACTOR)
- Deniz Camp (Writer, MAXWELL’S DEMONS)
- Donny Cates (Writer, REACTOR)
- Tim Daniel (Writer, SPIRITUS, FISSURE)
- Nathan Gooden (Artist, ZOJAQAN, POWERLESS)
- Tony Gregori (Artist, DEUCE OF HEARTS, KARMA POLICE)
- Irene Koh (Cover Artist, CULT CLASSIC: RETURN TO WHISPER)
- Jackson Lanzing (Writer, ZOJAQAN)
- Marisa Louise (Colorist, CULT CLASSIC)
- Eliot Rahal (Writer, CULT CLASSIC)
- Nick Robles (Artist, ALIEN BOUNTY HUNTER)
- Steven L. Sears (Writer, STALAG-X)
- Adrian Wassel (Writer, ALIEN BOUNTY HUNTER)