During the DreamWorks panel at WonderCon, the studio announced Voltron will get a third season.
Here is a rundown of what went down at the panel:
- As a con tradition, Tim Hedrick excitedly handed out original story cards to each audience member who asked a question.
- Bex shared her favorite Pidge line with the audience: “we’re all interconnected with cosmic dust,” and explained how much she loves that her superpower is what her character hated the most.
- Tyler offered some insight into Hunk’s character explaining that “his instinct is to trust in the good things, but he’s often mistaken.”
- After Joaquim confirmed that season three is coming later this year, a fan thanked both him and Lauren for keeping action cartoons alive. Joaquim said, “the fans are the quintessence of the show!” Lauren said that she’s “grateful that fans of the original have been open and accepting of Voltron Legendary Defender.”
- The audience got a taste of “a real life Hunk” when a cosplayer that majored in engineering and minored in culinary arts offered Tyler a cinnamon roll. (He gladly accepted!!)
- Fans erupted in screams once Lotor’s voice was finally revealed. Jeremy admitted that, “Prince Lotor’s voice is very soothing….even dreamy”
No word on when the third season will be available, but considering the success of the series, it will be sooner rather than later.