This morning at C2E2, Diamond Comic Distributors held its breakfast with retailers before the show opened. There, Marvel had all sorts of announcements of things to come.
Here’s a quick summary of what was announced:
- In Amazing Spider-Man #15, Mary Jane dons the Iron Spider uniform and picks a side. Dan Slott writing, and Giuseppe Camuncoli on art. I guess this means only one thing – One More Day II: Because You Said Mean Things To Us the Last Time.
- Deadpool: Bad Blood will feature art by Rob Liefeld, and looks to be written by Chris Sims. It will land on store shelves feet first this holiday season.
- Becky Cloonan and Steve Dillon will team for The Punisher (yup, there’s a new Daredevil series that launched today featuring the Marvel character). The Punisher ongoing series arrives in May.
- We’ve already seen a teaser image for Vote Loki #1. Tradd Moore will do the cover for the issue, but there is no word (yet) on who is writing.
- Spider-Gwen’s Captain America is coming our way in June in the pages of Spider-Gwen Annual #1. A lot of people will work on this project.
- If you are a fan of Gwenpool, look for issue #3 to feature an appearance by MODOK. The issue arrives in June, written by Christopher Hastings with art by Gurihiru. Photos from another site indicate that MODOK is wearing a bunny suit on the cover. Oh, MODOK!
- Deadpool and The Mercs for Money is so popular (thanks, Deadpool movie!) that Marvel is making it an ongoing series later this year.
- We already know Star Wars: Poe Dameron is on the way, and in June we will get to see Chuck Wendig and Luke Ross take on a five issue mini-series adapting Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- What is Dead No More? The Free Comic Book Day offering features Uncle Ben on the cover, so….
- The Daily Bugle returns to cover Civil War II, I just hope no one mentions MySpace…
- I think Spider-Man has the best reaction to everything Civil War II in this cover to Civil War :: The Amazing Spider-Man #1 written by Christos Gage with art by Travel Foreman.
- On the order front, Marvel announced Black Panther #1 has exceeded 300k copies in pre-orders for the April 6th release.
- If you thought the number of Secret Wars was crazy, it looks like Civil War II has jumped from a six-issue series to a seven-issue series.
There were a lot of interesting announcements, which explains why we don’t have the Marvel solicitations for July yet. I expect more news on these titles will arrive over the next couple of days.
So far, I’m most interested in seeing what Spider-Gwen’s Captain America looks like, and of course the “fan” reaction to the reveal.