Wizards of the Coast’s next 5th Edition book is set to arrive in November, and gamers will find all sorts of valuable information on the places, cultures, and deities of northwestern Faerun.
Here are just a few of the features you’ll find in the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide:
· Immersive Adventuring: This campaign sourcebook provides players and Dungeon Masters material for creating vibrant fantasy stories along the Sword Coast.
· New Character Options: The book offers new subclass options, such as the Purple Dragon Knight and the Swashbuckler, for many of the classes presented in the Player’s Handbook, as well as new subraces and backgrounds specific to the Forgotten Realms.
· Adventure in the Forgotten Realms: Discover the current state of the Forgotten Realms and its deities after the Spellplague and the second Sundering. You’ll also get updated maps of this area of the Realms.
· Compatible with Rage of Demons storyline: Make characters for use with the Out of the Abyss adventure and fight back the influence of the demon lords in the Underdark below the Sword Coast.
· Insider Information: Learn the background behind locations, such as Luskan and Gracklstugh, featured in the upcoming digital RPG, Sword Coast Legends, from n-Space.
In addition to everything you need to know about the Sword Coast, the new book also includes new character backgrounds and class options including playing a noble of Watterdeep. I’m actually very excited about this book, and can’t wait to see what changes, lore, and adventure hooks Wizards of the Coast are putting into this book to flesh out the world. This is the kind of book I would have picked up way back in the day, when I was interested in peaking behind the curtains and seeing how Dungeons and Dragons worked.
Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide arrives in stores on November 3rd.