Wizards of the Coast today launched Magic Duels on PC via Steam with its initial content release, Magic Duels: Origins, enabling fans to play this brand new digital release for free. Magic Duels: Origins introduces an entirely new digital Magic experience, offering limitless free gameplay, hundreds of unlockable cards, many exciting multiplayer modes-including the return of fan-favorite Two-Headed Giant. Available today on Steam for PC and the Xbox Games Store for Xbox One on July 31, Magic Duels: Origins will be available on PlayStation 4 later this year. The game was released earlier this month on iPhone® and iPad®.
Magic Duels will feature regular content updates that reflect the latest Magic: The Gathering card sets, starting with Magic Origins, providing a deeper connection to the paper sets that are released each year and following the ongoing storyline set in the Magic Multiverse.
Magic Duels introduces exciting new features, including:
- Virtually endless solo gameplay against thousands of AI opponent decks
- All-new Skill Quest tutorial system that teaches gameplay quickly and easily-just like learning from a friend
- Expanded multiplayer options including Two-Headed Giant Mode
- Deck Wizard offering step-by-step deck construction guidance for new players, and an advanced Deck Builder allowing experienced players to build from scratch
- Regular updates from corresponding Magic set releases
- Hundreds of new cards from the upcoming Origins set, including powerful Planeswalkers
- 100% earnable content means players can play free!
Visit MagicTheGathering.com for the latest news and updates and follow Magic on Facebook and Twitter. More information about Magic Duels is available at magic.wizards.com/duels.
About Magic: The Gathering
Magic: The Gathering is the world’s best strategy game with more than 20 million players and fans worldwide. In this innovative card game, players build personalized decks using cards they collected through booster packs and trading with friends. Magic offers a robust gaming experience for its community of passionate fans through face-to-face play events and social gatherings in more than 7,000 hobby game stores around the world, complemented by its Magic Duels and Magic Online digital games. For more information, visit MagicTheGathering.com.
About Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards’ players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as MAGIC: THE GATHERING and DUNGEONS & DRAGONS. Wizards is also a publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information about our world renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com.