If you pay close attention to the net, and you have some super great readers who send you e-mail about all sorts of goodness, then you’ll eventually dig up some juicy gems – like these pages from Boom! Studios’ upcoming Incredibles series.
BOOM was kind enough to let me post a few pages from the Incredibles book I’ve been working on thanks, Paul
first issue will be out in March 09 I’ve been told…
so buy that
so yeah, this is page 2 and 3.
story: Mark Waid
pencil and inks: Marcio Takara (me!)
awesome colors: Andrew Dalhouse
See ’em all after the jump
So how long will this be up before Rodrigo does what he does every other podcast and bitch about Incredibles being a “rip-off” because he never bothered to hear/read/see any interviews with the creators and learn that they’re a deliberate echo of the Fantastic Four? Because, I swear, if he does that again, I’m gonna come from Jersey and smack him around with my DVD.
So how long will this be up before Rodrigo does what he does every other podcast and bitch about Incredibles being a â€œrip-offâ€ because he never bothered to hear/read/see any interviews with the creators and learn that theyâ€™re a deliberate echo of the Fantastic Four? Because, I swear, if he does that again, Iâ€™m gonna come from Jersey and smack him around with my DVD.
We all have our peccadilloes. And Rodrigo’s point is valid. Whether intentional or unintentional, the Incredibles is a riff on the Fantastic Four… Besides, Rodrigo’s Yaris has forcefield generators, you won’t get near him. :)
“learn that theyâ€™re a deliberate echo of the Fantastic Four?”
I don’t think that Rodrigo thinks it was an accidental echo of the FF.
This is goint to be awesome.
I heard the first arc is titled “Death of Elasti-girl”, but it really turns out to be Elasti-girl from the future.
Yeah but in any case i never got how using the same powers counts as ripping off when you have an interesting story and characters to add the powers too.
Marcio Takara is an awesome dude and if you have any question you can bet he will answer them on hs DA.
PS: The dude doing the cover is the character designer for the new Spectacula Spiderma animated series…forgot his name…
Are their powers similar to the Fantastic Four? Sure, I guess so (can’t find an adequate member of the FF to represent Jack-Jack or Dash, but whatever …).
But, despite what the creators have mentioned, I’m more convinced that they’re a riff on the ‘average’ family than a riff on the Fantastic Four. Their powers are representative of the prototypical role of each member within an ‘average’ family unit.
– Mr. Incredible is the strong guy, the protector, the guy who can take on everyone and who makes the whole family feel safer just having him around. Think “My dad can beat up your dad!”
– Elasti-girl is capable of being everywhere at once, keeping things together, and keeping the family in order. Picture a mom who’s got her hands full with kids in ballet and soccer while trying to make sure the house is clean and the homework is done while at the same time getting dinner on the table …
– Violet is the insecure teenage girl who, more often than not, just wishes she could disappear.
– Dash is the ball of energy, constantly on the move. If you’ve ever had a elementary school aged son, you see the resemblance.
– Jack-Jack is the prototypical baby: adorable, but capable of going completely beserk and wrecking your sanity (and your entire house) before you realize what he’s doing.