Since the 1940s Katy Keene has been a pretty popular character, and when Archie Comics had her appear in its 2005 Free Comic Book Day issue, word filtered to the company that readers wanted more of the model.
She appeared in nine issues of Archie Comics, and now the company has collected those issues into the Katy Keene Special #1. Take the jump for a look at the issue that arrives August 20, 2008.
KATY KEENE SPECIAL #1
SCRIPT AND ART: Andrew Pepoy.
- â€œKatyâ€™s Diaryâ€: Discover how a Michigan girl went from a Chicago University student to a sensational celebrity supermodel!
- â€œâ€¦And the Award Goes Toâ€: An appearance at the â€œVTV Movie Awards,â€ where sheâ€™s nominated for â€œbest kissâ€ in â€œThe Webâ€ movie affords Katy an opportunity to sing on stage! .
- â€œPaparazzi Problemâ€: Katy spirits off to a secluded seaside town, hoping to relax and avoid the pressâ€¦ but even there, tabloid shutterbugs lurk! .
- â€œLove in Blumâ€: Katy Keene lands a plum role in â€œJohnny the Pirate III,â€ but all her sister MacKenzie cares about is crashing the set so she can meet hunky heartthrob Oleander Blum!
- â€œMusic Magic v3.0â€: Entertainment reporter Margot Vhang pulls out all the stops hoping to catch Katy in a scandal she can exploit. Leaving no slimy rock unturned, imagine Margotâ€™s surprise when she learns the scandal-LESS truth about Katy! .
- â€œBeaches, Bikinis & Backstabbingâ€: Katy frolics on the beach in the middle of winterâ€¦ on a working vacation in sunny Central America! But things soon go from sweet to sour when spoiled supermodel Mischa Mucha joins the photo shoot.
- â€œMay I Have This Dance?â€: Katyâ€™s sister MacKenzie has a crush, but her crush has designs on Katy! Can MacKenzie find a way to swing the subject back around to herself?
- â€œThe Web Returnsâ€: Itâ€™s the return of that â€œMighty Hero,â€ the Webâ€¦ sort of! Itâ€™s the filming of the latest super-heroic multiplex mega hit starring everyoneâ€™s OTHER favorite arachnid-inspired hero, the Web. Katy has the plum role of the heroâ€™s spunky girlfriend, but when things get seriously deadly on the set, Katy may have to put on her detective hat. Who is sabotaging the stunts, and why?
- â€œViva Las Vegasâ€: The glittery city never saw anyone as glittering as Katy! Katy is in town to present the awards at an extreme sports skateboarding competition, but she isnâ€™t winning any awards with her love-interest, stuntman K.O. Kirby.
- â€œAmericaâ€™s New Best Modelâ€: Call it â€œdesigner satireâ€ when Katy takes on television model competitions! Katy of course is the nicest contestant on the reality series hosted by Tyrant Brinksâ€¦ and that makes her a real winner, no matter how the judges vote!
- “Four Color Fun”: Katy is clearly a hero to the many fans who show up to meet her at the mammoth California Comic-con, where she’s promoting her epic “Web Returns” film. While there, she sets out on a comics quest of her own that’s sure to be as thrilling as her celluloid exploits!