Don’t forget to head to the polls tomorrow, November 2, 2010, because if you don’t, the bad guys will win.
Wizard (yes, that Wizard) is running a contest right now, where it has asked artists to re-envision the Sega’s Bayonetta character, and there are quite a few entries.Â The one that struck my interest is by Jason Meek.Â I like it because of it’s Dodson/Hughes feel, but I also really like the color scheme and rendering used in the picture.
Everyone who listens to the Major Spoilers Podcast know we pick three interesting stories for the week, and then spin the Wheel of Destiny/Morality/Fortune (actually it is a dice roll) to determine which one we will actually talk about.Â This week, we’re giving YOU the chance to decide what we should ramble on about.
Here are the choices:
Voting closes at 8:00 PM on Tuesday, so cast your vote now.Â And don’t worry, there will be a regular Major Spoilers Poll of the Week appearing here tomorrow.
With DC switching up the who’s who in the Batman universe, the final question on many people’s minds is, “Who is the new Batgirl?”Â Dc has been teasing readers for weeks with publicity images, but today, we’re giving you the chance to cast your vote on who you think is under the Batgirl cowl.
It was a very close contest, with Bizarro and Two-Face coming in at a tie by the end of public voting on Tuesday.Â The tie was decided in a manner that Two-Face would have appreciated – by a coin toss.Â Matthew and I called it in the air, and by a vote of 419 to 418, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the winner of the 2nd Annual Major Spoilers Costume Contest…after the jump.
It’s the biggest decision you’ll have to make in 2008.
Fans of Archie Comics have cast their vote to select Cheryl Blossom’s new boyfriend, and the results are in.Â For the last three issues of Betty & Veronica Double Digest, Cheryl has gone on a date with one of the fellows who stepped up to the challenge.
With each new issue, Cheryl went on another dateâ€¦ and each date proved to have its own special challenge!Â Cheryl nearly ran out of breath trying to keep up with Austin, the hunky fitness fanatic.Â She did all she could to avoid pratfalls with Brandon, the klutzy computer genius.Â She tried to avoid cooking up trouble with George, the master chef.
While Archie won’t let us in on who the winner is right now, the company says we can all find out in Betty and Vronica Double Digest #165, where the winner is revealed on October 22, 2008.
Image Comics has announced Ian Churchill will be providing the cover art to the upcoming Jack Staff #21.
“It’s a bit worrying when you let someone else play with your toys,” said series creator Paul Grist inÂ a prepared statement. “But Ian nailed it . Certainly get’s my vote for best Jack Staff cover of 2008!”
Marvel has kicked off its Best Comic Book Cover of the Year event, whereby you get to vote for the best cover of the year.
Before the top 64 voting opens, Marvel wants/need fans to nominate covers. The nominations are open now and will remain open until May 27, 2008.
Once the top 64 covers are nominated, there are 4 rounds of the Cover vs. Cover Battle Brackets where youâ€™ll need to vote, vote, VOTE (you can vote once per day, per round). Your votes will narrow down the covers until you pick the winner: the Cover of the Year !
So, if you want to participate, head over to the Marvel Cover of the Year site, and cast your vote. And while you are at it, let us know (via the comment section below) what cover you think is the best and worst of 2007.
It’s looking to be a slow day for news and reviews, so I thought I’d take a moment to throw in a few shameless plugs for Major Spoilers.
- Don’t forget, voting is still open for the Major Spoilers Top 10 Trade Paperback list. You’ll have to head over to the Major Spoilers Forum to cast your vote. Only 19 votes? Come on guys, I know there are more of you who want to weigh in on this issue.
- There’s only one more week to go in the Major Spoilers Hero Drive. Subscribe or download the Major Spoilers podcast and for every “subscriber” the show has, Major Spoilers will donate money to the Hero Initiative. We’re up to $250, but would like to donate $250 more.
- Speaking of the podcast, this week we are reviewing Noble Causes: In Sickness and in Health trade paperback. If you would like to share your thoughts on the issue, and possibly have those comments read on the show, make sure you post your comments before noon on Tuesday April 29, 2008.
- We’ve been fortunate to have some great guests on the show, and on the next episode, the Major Spoilers Podcast welcomes Wes Molebash to the show. Wes has a different take on web comics, discusses his experience with Zuda Comics, and shares his views on creator owned work.
- Got an iPod Touch or iPhone? Add the Major Spoilers site to your Home Screen for a special icon that will get you fast access to the site.
- Final item, and a question: I’m thinking of opening up the Major Spoilers Podcast for sponsorships. Thought? We aren’t making any money from the show (or site) right now, and we do have ongoing costs that will need to be addressed in the near future, and I’m throwing around some ideas.
Okay, plug time over – if you are looking for something to do this afternoon, while waiting for the next update, might I suggest throwing some link love to the Hero History: Shrinking Violet entry.
Questions, feedback and suggestions are always welcome.