A cataclysm? Zombie hordes? 19th century Asia? Let’s find out if Ronin Island #1 meets or exceeds the hype!
- Direct Download
- Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- RSS Feed
- Subscribe to the Major Spoilers Podcast Network Master Feed!
- Major Spoilers Podcast Network Master Feed RSS Feed
- Listen to Dueling Review on Stitcher
- Show your thanks to Major Spoilers for this episode by becoming a Major Spoilers Patron at patreon.com/MajorSpoilers. It will help ensure Dueling Reviews continues far into the future!
Ronin Island #1
Publisher: BOOM! Studios
Writer: Greg Pak
Artist: Giannis Milonogiannis
Letterer: Simon Bowland
Colorist: Irma Kniivila
Main Cover: Giannis Milonogiannis
Preorder Cover: Ethan Young
Incentive Cover: David Lafuente
Unlocked Retailer Variant: Kris Anka
After a mysterious attack wipes out the major cities of 19th century Japan, Korea, and China, survivors from all three lands find refuge on a hidden island and build a new society.
Hana, the orphaned daughter of Korean peasants, and Kenichi, son of a great samurai leader, have little in common except for a mutual disdain for the other. But these young warriors will have to work together when an army invades the island with shocking news: there is a new Shogun and the Island is expected to pay fealty in exchange for protection from a new enemy…a mutated horde that threatens to wipe out all humanity.
Award-winning writer Greg Pak (Firefly, Mech Cadet Yu) and artist Giannis Milonogiannis (Prophet) present a story that examines how we move forward when our past divides, set against the backdrop of a post-disaster 19th century Japan.