The internet keeps having these weird moments where people suddenly fly into a rage about strange things like ketchup on hot dogs or pineapple on pizza, but none seems to get more hate-facery than the question of whether a hot dog is a sandwich.

The real question isn’t whether or not meat on bread counts as a sandwich or even what the definition of a sandwich is, but why food gets such a visceral response.  I can’t answer that question, but I can do my part in fanning the flames, leading to today’s tortilla-wrapped burrito query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) isn’t afraid of controversy, you guys, asking: Is a burrito a sandwich?

New Comic Releases for October 10, 2018

Harley Quinn #51 Review

1. vixyn
    October 8, 2018 at 12:09 pm — Reply

We’ve always called them a Mexican Sandwich, just like a cheese quesadilla is a Mexican Grilled Cheese. I mean, a burrito is a wrap and a wrap is a form of a sandwich. (Tacos would probably get less argument about being sandwich.)
    Sandwich, not sandwich, all I know is, I love me a good burrito!

2. Neal Peters
    October 8, 2018 at 12:44 pm — Reply

No. By definition, “An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with a filling between them, eaten as a light meal.” I direct you to “two pieces of bread”.

3. October 8, 2018 at 1:37 pm — Reply

Nope, I don’t think so.

4. Dan
    October 8, 2018 at 1:45 pm — Reply

nope, a burrito is a wrap. most restaurants do differentiate between “sandwiches and wraps” on their menus, so there’s your answer.

• October 10, 2018 at 5:36 pm — Reply

Isn’t a wrap just a different kind of sandwich, though?

5. Michael
    October 8, 2018 at 3:09 pm — Reply

6. zombob
    October 11, 2018 at 7:27 am — Reply

Yes. You can eat it one handed while you’re playing cards — it qualifies.