At the New York Comic-Con, DreamWorks Animation debuted the full trailer for the much talked about She-Ra and the Princesses of Power animated series that is set to debut on Netflix on November 18th, 2018.
Inspired by the popular ‘80s animated series, DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power tells the epic story of an orphan named Adora, who leaves behind her former life in the evil Horde when she discovers a magic sword that transforms her into the mythical warrior princess She-Ra. Along the way, she finds a new family in the Rebellion as she unites a group of magical princesses in the ultimate fight against evil.
Panel Highlights Include:
- Hammerstein Ballroom was packed with fans wearing She-Ra crowns and raising cardboard swords in the air shouting “For the Power of Grayskull!” when posing for a massive group picture with the cast.
- EP Noelle Stevenson introduced over 10 minutes of footage throughout the panel, including the full season 1 trailer.
- Clips highlighted the introduction of major characters, including the first four minutes of the pilot episode.
- Noelle Stevenson spoke to the tall order of honoring the original series, but also creating one that can stand on it’s own for new audiences today.
- The cast spoke to the unique experience of being able to record together, which leads to more meaningful chemistry onscreen.
- Moderator Krutika Mallikarjuna asked each of the cast members to choose the character they are most excited for audiences to meet.
- Aimee Carrero chose Frosta voiced by Merit Leighton
- Karen Fukuhara chose Entrapta voiced by Christine Woods
- Marcus Scriber chose Sea Hawk voiced by Jordan Fisher
- Noelle Stevenson chose Scorpia voiced by Lauren Ash