DC Comics made a number of announcements at the San Diego Comic-Con, including a new Shazam series from Geoff Johns.
During DC’s State of the Union Press Breakfast, Jim Lee and Dan DiDio spot about the success of their current books, and the initiative to keep the core audience engaged while also bringing in new readers with new creators and titles.
- September will see the release of Batman: Damned from Brian Azzarello and artist Lee Bermejo, which is part of DC’s new DC Black Label imprint. The first issue arrives on the 19th.
- In November, Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp are teaming for The Green Lantern. It looks like this will be a space procedural.
- Goeff Johns also announced he will return to Shazam with an ongoing series. It will debut on November 21, 2018.
- Johns is also teaming with artist Jason Fabok for Batman: Three Jokers, which will be released under the DC Black Label imprint.
- In December, we’ll see G. Willow Wilson and Cary Nord take on Wonder Woman
- Kelly Sue DeConnick will join artist Robson Rocha on Aquaman
- Marc Silvestri appeared at the Meet the Publishers Panel to talk about the upcoming Batman/The Joker: The Deadly Duo.
- We also shared information yesterday about the upcoming DC Zoom and DC Ink titles coming our way.
JUST ANNOUNCED at #SDCC2018: The Dark Knight is no stranger to working on a team, but how will he fare with the Joker by his side? Find out in BATMAN/JOKER: THE DEADLY DUO by @Marc_Silvestri! Here's a FIRST LOOK at the cover to Issue #1! #DCSDCC pic.twitter.com/JUA6r2KwJB
— DC (@DCComics) July 19, 2018
Overall, it seemed like a very quiet first day for DC at the SDCC, but there are more panels to come!