When a toaster fell into his bath, Stewart Gilligan Griffin was transformed into THE MIGHTY TOASTER-MAN.  And not since Bruce Banner was trapped in a gamma-bomb explosion have I meant the phrase “Don’t try this at home” more.  Still, it does bring up an interesting question of superhero naming conventions, as Peter Parker was nearly killed by a dying arachnid, but still chose to honor it in his new identity.  Or Bruce Wayne, who had to pay an exorbitant amount to get a glazier to fix the massive bay window in Wayne Manor.  Or Clark Kent, who got his powers after being bitten by a radioactive building maintenance person, leading us to today’s relatively goofy query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) notes that the device you’re reading this on doesn’t count, or we’ll all end up being The Amazing Laptop-Woman, asking: The last electric-powered item you touched is now your superhero name, just like Toaster-Man.  What’s your new nom de guerre?

Doctor Who: The Road to the Thirteenth Doctor #1

Superman #1 Review

1. Vrynn
    July 11, 2018 at 11:42 am — Reply

I’m going to eliminate my iphone as well, so we aren’t all The Stupendous Smartphone Person

So I’m going to put my new freezing powers to use as The Resplendent Re-Frigerator

2. Scott G.
    July 12, 2018 at 12:11 am — Reply

Price Checker Man

3. Rob
    July 12, 2018 at 4:37 am — Reply

Stand aside for the astounding Mirco-Wave. I shrink and also reheat you leftovers

4. vixyn
    July 12, 2018 at 6:48 am — Reply

Washing-Machine Girl – Washing our city streets of crime….

5. July 12, 2018 at 10:28 am — Reply

Oxygen Machine Man, with the amazing ability to help the elderly breathe slightly easier!!

(I take care of my mom, so I’m checking her equipment, cleaning the filter regularly and changing the tube as needed)

6. Sarah Small
    July 18, 2018 at 6:13 pm — Reply

Galaxy Girl! I can play Candy Crush for hours!