Recently Paizo and Roll20 teamed to bring the Pathfinder gaming system to the Roll20.net virtual tabletop gaming system to streamline gameplay for players around the world. Now, Paizo and Roll20 have launched Pathfinder: War for the Crown that allows players to get set up and running quickly.
Tensions rise. An emperor falls. Your party is the only thing standing between the heir to Taldor and an assassin’s blade – and a looming civil war. Unique creatures, political movers-and-shakers, underhanded dealings, and a lush city await!
Each installment is fully converted in-house, making it simple for anyone to run and play with minimal setup. Included in this Roll20 conversion:
- Crownfall, a Pathfinder adventure for 1st-level characters, by Thurston Hillman, converted in its entirety for the Roll20 platform.
- More than 40 NPCs & creatures, each with complete character sheets, one-click actions, and associated tokens.
- 11 ready-to-play pregen characters from each class of the Core Rulebook.
- 4 battle ready maps set with dynamic lighting, pre-placed NPCs, and support for advanced fog of war.
- 2 overland maps of the city of Oppara and the regions of Taldor.
- Rollable tables for random encounters and rumors.
- Integrates with the Official Pathfinder Character Sheet as well as the Pathfinder SRD.
I had a chance to jump into this new system over the weekend, and I must say it is very impressive. Paizo and Roll20 have worked together to convert everything to the online system, and I’m amazed at how much detail is included in this set. From the GM perspective, you have everything (and probably more) you will need to run a campaign, and from my perusal of the material, this first installment of the bigger campaign is going to last many sessions.
The War for the Crown is a six-part storyline, with the first installment available now, with an SRP of $27.99. If you enjoy playing Pathfinder and want to bring the War for the Crown to your table, this is an excellent way to do it.