There is a theory at DC Comics that Hal Jordan is the Greatest Lantern Of Them All.

This theory is patently, demonstrably false for a number of reasons (Kyle is more interesting, Alan more noble, Kilowog more roguish and Guy has a better haircut), not the least of which being that there’s nothing to support that theory other than the fact that people believe it.  Still, we’re not here to mock anyone’s fave-rave, and I’d honestly like to hear what Hal fans believe make him awesome, as well as fans of Ch’p, Salaak, Mogo, Steel, Hollika Rahn and even Larfleeze, leading to today’s emotionally spectral query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) firmly believes that the answer is John Stewart, but everybody loves what they loves, asking: Which ring-slinger is The Greatest Lantern Of Them All?

[Solicitations] Marvel to rerelease classic Phoenix comics for only $1.00

Dueling Review: Doctor Who Lost Dimension Omega #1

1. November 2, 2017 at 1:42 pm — Reply

This is a tough one, but I can say with certainty that Hal is NOT the greatest Lantern, at least in most incarnations. I rather liked the “Green Lantern: The Animated Series” Hal, but he was a different Hal than the main DCU Hal.

I’m going to give it to classic Alan Scott (with no disrespect to the more recent Earth-2 Alan), with John and Kilowog coming in tied at a very close second, or tied for first if you only want to count GL Corps based Lanterns.

2. November 2, 2017 at 2:31 pm — Reply

Anyone from JSA gets my vote, so Alan Scott. I was really tempted to say Mogo, though…

3. Cody Dixon
    November 2, 2017 at 6:44 pm — Reply

Mogo. He is a planet with his own power battery in his core.

4. ClubberLang6
    November 2, 2017 at 7:32 pm — Reply

I am partial to John Stewart because I use to love watching Justice League unlimited with my daughters.

5. bob
    November 3, 2017 at 4:13 am — Reply

Alan Scott:he also gave us Jade with a built in power supply!

6. Dan
    November 3, 2017 at 10:58 am — Reply

I’ve always been a fan of little guys that talk like big tough guys, so Ch’p’s gotta be up there. but as far as the “human” lanterns, it’s hard not to love John Stewart.

7. Slappy
    November 7, 2017 at 11:52 am — Reply

John Stewart
    He did pretty much everything Hal did at one point or another (I know he didn’t reignite the sun) plus he led a planet (Mosaic) in ways Hal could NEVER do. Completely wrong mentality to do something like that since he can’t punch all the problems out with a big green fist. John also kicked his butt easily in GL Mosaic #5 (Never should have canceled it) using his ability to penetrate Hal’s mind using the power of the ring. Something you never regularly saw the GLs do before or since.