The 2017 Mike Wieringo Comic Book Industry Awards were presented this past weekend at the Baltimore Comic-Con.
The Mike Wieringo Comic Book Industry Awards is an annual celebration of the creativity, skill and fun of comics. The nomination ballot is determined by fans and pros alike.
David Petersen, the creator of Mouse Guard, was the keynote speaker with Tom Brevoort, Darryl McDaniels, Amy Chu, Walter and Louise Simonson, Terry and Robyn Moore, Kazu Kibuishi and Charlie Kochman, Lora Innes and Thom Zahler, and Todd Dezago, Craig Rousseau, and Mark Waid were also presenters at the event.
- Favorite Hero: Cash Wayne (Spectrum)
- Favorite Villain: Arlo (unOrdinary)
- Favorite New Series: Spectrum
- Favorite New Talent: InstantMiso
- Best Cover Artist: Frank Cho
- Best Series: Vision, Marvel Comics
- Best Letterer: Todd Klein
- Best Colorist: Laura Martin
- Best Humor Comic: I Hate Fairyland, Image Comics
- Best Original Graphic Novel: March: Book III, Top Shelf Productions
- Best Comic Strip or Panel: Bloom County, Berkeley Breathed, Universal Uclick
- Best Single Issue or Story: Emancipation Day, www.redistrictedcomics.com
- Mike Wieringo Spirit Award: Future Quest #1, DC Comics
- Best Anthology: Love is Love, DC Comics/IDW Publishing
- Best Non-fiction Comic Work: March: Book Three, Top Shelf Productions
- Best Presentation in Design: Mike Mignola’s Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects: Artist’s Edition Hardcover, IDW Publishing
- Best Webcomic: The Red Hook, Dean Haspiel
- Best Inker: Sean Murphy
- Best Writer: Tom King
- Best Artist or Penciller: Fiona Staples
- Best Cartoonist (Writer/Artist): Skottie Young
- Dick Giordano Humanitarian of the Year Award: Joshua Dysart
- Hero Initiative Lifetime Achievement Award: Marv Wolfman
Major Spoilers wishes to congratulate all of the winners!