Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

[Preview] Amerikarate #6

[Preview] Doctor Who: The Lost Dimension #3 - Tenth Doctor Special

1. September 12, 2017 at 11:37 am — Reply

Not really. Its already stressful enough without world being on the brink of destruction by aliens, super villains or mad gods every week.

2. Erik Waddell
    September 12, 2017 at 11:57 am — Reply

Being in a superhero world is only fun if you have superpowers (and even then, most of the heroes are miserable half the time). With the constant threat to life, sky-high insurance rates, and inability to rely on even the laws of physics… I’d be firmly in the Lex Luthor camp of “get rid of all the supers.”

3. Erik Waddell
    September 12, 2017 at 11:58 am — Reply

“Sorry boss, but I can’t make it into work today. There was another Flashpoint and now I can’t find my car keys.”

4. September 12, 2017 at 1:59 pm — Reply

It depends heavily on the era. If you’re talking Silver/Bronze Age, where things were resolved happily, the heroes were good guys, morally upright champions who saved the day…sure. It would be a wonder-filled world that would probably be safer and more stable, on the whole, than ours, despite the wacky hijinks. If you’re talking about the modern Dark Age of comics? No way in Hades. Every Tuesday some supervillain would wipe out half the Eastern Seaboard, killing millions, that is, if a “hero” hadn’t already lost their mind and done the same thing.

5. September 12, 2017 at 3:01 pm — Reply

If a portal opened and I was told “Enter here and you can live in a world of comic book superheroes” I would leap through without hesitation, even if that is just a lie and the portal leads to the open vacuum of space or into the center of an active volcano. I’m just that eager to live in one of those worlds.

With my history, I’ve pretty much got the origin of some super powered character ready to happen, all I need is that little spark of a superhero world to go from “disabled guy” to “world’s strangest new hero”.

6. Ray
    September 12, 2017 at 5:24 pm — Reply

Do I want to live in a world of wonders, of the fantastical and the bizarre, where giants and Gods roam, and the only thing stopping true evil from overcoming is the power of the good, brave heroes.

Yeah, I can dig that…

7. Doug Connors
    September 12, 2017 at 5:43 pm — Reply

Given the right universe I would love to live in the comic world. A Star Trek universe would be great, Walking Dead not so much.

8. September 15, 2017 at 11:05 pm — Reply

Live? In a Comic Book world? Where a world ending event occurs every third wednesday? Uggh, no – pass. I’d rather live in a more sensible world. Give me something by Jim Butcher or Brandon Sanderson, but I want nothing to do with any kind of superhero world. Even if I don’t die, the fact that the concept of superhero insurance is necessary means that this world is way the hell out of my price range.

9. September 21, 2017 at 3:29 pm — Reply

Assuming that I would just be myself and not automatically a superhero/villain then definitely not. While there are plenty of heroes around to save you should bad things go down, the risks of getting stuck in a dangerous situation in the first place is way higher than in our world. If every time I go into town I run the risk of getting blown up or Joker Gassed because Batman was being tied up elsewhere or Superman had a Kryptonite chunk around his neck then I’d take our duller world any day.

Besides which, in a world where all he comic book heroes are real, what would we read for escapism? The comic equivalent of made for TV movies? No thanks!