Thanks to a promotion by my favorite drive-in restaurant, I’ve had hot dogs on the brain all week.  While I have no desire to reignite the “Is it a sandwich?” debate, I feel safe in addressing the OTHER hot button frankfurter issue: Ketchup.  For some reason, the tomato emulsion fills some with unbridled rage, even though it can be pretty delicious, leading to today’s fundamental, condimental query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”), with apologies to vegan or non-tubular-meat-eating Faithful Spoilerites, asking:: When it comes to a hot dog, do you favor ketchup or no ketchup?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

[Solicitations] Aspen Comics for November 2017

Dueling Review: Generations: Hawkeye & Hawkeye #1

1. August 31, 2017 at 11:46 am — Reply

If people put sweet relish on a hotdog, there is nothing wrong with ketchup.

2. August 31, 2017 at 11:58 am — Reply

Depends on the type of hot dog and how it is prepared. Cooked on the grill or over a fire, or if it is one of those hot dogs with cheese inside or the really good beef or turkey hot dogs, I’ll usually pass on the ketchup since I like those flavors as is. Otherwise, as long as I’m not making a chili dog (which is preferable and one of my all-time favorite foods), I might put just a dab of ketchup and honey mustard on it.

3. August 31, 2017 at 1:02 pm — Reply

I’ll have one with ketchup and another with just mustard and sour kraut. Yums!

4. Rob
    August 31, 2017 at 1:18 pm — Reply

Add all the extras you can. If most of it doesn’t end up on your shirt you didn’t add enough

5. Dan
    August 31, 2017 at 2:27 pm — Reply

if there’s no other condiment on hand, i don’t mind ketchup on a hot dog. but if i had my druthers, anything you can put ketchup on, you can put BBQ sauce or even sriracha on.

6. Adam
    August 31, 2017 at 3:08 pm — Reply

No ketchup here. I’ll take a little mustard or make it a chili dog.

7. August 31, 2017 at 3:31 pm — Reply

I don’t have strong feelings either way. I usually take everything with those kind of things.

8. Toric
    August 31, 2017 at 7:01 pm — Reply

I’ll take a hot dog with ketchup if it’s being offered pre-made, but if I dress it myself I prefer mustard of some sort with relish or shredded cheddar.

9. September 1, 2017 at 11:49 am — Reply

I need at least two of the following: Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo.

Yes, that’s right.

• September 1, 2017 at 11:50 am — Reply

Shredded cheese may be substituted for any one of the above as well.

10. b003
    September 1, 2017 at 3:43 pm — Reply

Ketchup is for fries, chili and onions (sans mustard) for hot dogs.

11. JoeM
    September 1, 2017 at 9:52 pm — Reply

For me mustard and a little dill relish. No catsup and no mayo. Cheese is optional. But it’s not like I will turn down anything handed to me.

12. Shayne
    September 2, 2017 at 10:25 pm — Reply

no ketchup. mustard and grilled onions and maybe chili