This week, we got our first look at Josh Brolin as Cable in the upcoming Deadpool 2 movie.  While we’ve already shared a few thoughts on Domino, we want to know what you think of Cable.

What do you think of Josh Brolin's Cable costume?(Comment)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Geek History Lesson #173 - Mister Miracle

Major Spoilers Podcast #740: Beyond the Black Hole

1. August 8, 2017 at 1:13 pm — Reply

It’s fine but it needs more pouches. Even my cargo shorts have more pouches.

2. Lt Flowbee
    August 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm — Reply

Lemmy beat me to it! Definitely need more pouches!

3. Frank
    August 8, 2017 at 2:33 pm — Reply

Deadpool will break the fourth wall and say that.

4. Doug Connors
    August 8, 2017 at 4:56 pm — Reply

It’s fine, but didn’t really jump out as anything special, so only meh. Lemmy’s right we need more pouches.

5. bakimono
    August 8, 2017 at 5:12 pm — Reply

I like the outfit, though he could have used a bit more size to him, physically. No matter who draws Cable, he’s always a thick muscled guy, not just tone, but big. The look is good, but my first thought was how thin he seemed to be.

• Daniel Langsdale
      August 8, 2017 at 5:31 pm — Reply

I’ve always kind of read Cable’s bulkiness in the comics as the bulkiness of all the gear that he carries. Once you take that away, he’s no more thick than, say, Captain America, and Brolin’s looking as built as Chris Evans here. Just give him some shoulder pads and the aforementioned pouches, and I think we’re there.

6. Daniel Langsdale
    August 8, 2017 at 5:28 pm — Reply

Looks great! And I think Josh Brolin is an excellent choice for the part.

Now what I REALLY want to see Brolin’s Cable interact with James Marsden’s Cyclops. Do you think we could get that cameo scene in Deadpool 2? Just a flashback moment, that’s all I ask….

7. Grant Dodson
    August 8, 2017 at 6:46 pm — Reply

Looks fine with the exception of a severe lack of visible storage space. On a side note, my uncle went to college with Marsden…according to him they all made fun of him, and when he told them he was dropping out to pursue a career in acting it only compounded things…that is…until they saw him show up on the big screen! Haha