If you loved what you saw in Ready Player One, the Stranger Things Season 2 trailer has arrived, and it has enough ’80s goodness to keep you happy for a while.
The first trailer for Stranger Things 2 is here. It’s 1984 and the citizens of Hawkins, Indiana are still reeling from the horrors of the demogorgon and the secrets of Hawkins Lab. Will Byers has been rescued from the Upside Down but a bigger, sinister entity still threatens those who survived.
So what do we have in the trailer?
- Gremlin!? I had a friend who drove a purple Gremlin in college. I still have nightmares.
- Video arcade – I wonder if there is a Polybius game inside
- Dragon’s Lair – I spent so much money on this game back in the day. Today, I almost can’t stand it.
- There is a nice periodic table t-shirt worn by Toothless. 10 elements have been added to the table since 1984, however in 1984 Hassium was added to the table.
- I kind of hope the Lovecraftian monster in the sky appears in the show, and is not just a will Byers hallucination.
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller debuted in 1982, and Vincent Price’s laughter still gets me.
- Nothing says 1984 like a Reagan/Bush campaign sign on the lawn. Looks like the Wheelers are a conservative bunch.
- How many of you made your own Ghostbusters costumes? You only had a few months to do it by
- October 1984 as the movie debuted in the US on June 8 of that year.
- Will’s scribblings remind of that episode of the X-Files where the kid printed out that computer code and it made an image on the floor.
- Steve Harrington is sporting those wayfarers sunglasses that were all the rage back in the day. He kind of looks like Michael from The Lost Boys (which debuted in 1987)
- Finally Eleven appears, and it is great!
What else did you see in the trailer?
Sadly, we have to wait untiL October 27th for the show to debut. But until then, keep looking at the greatness that was the ’80s.
— Rotten Tomatoes (@RottenTomatoes) July 22, 2017