The Warner Bros. Hall H presentation has concluded, and there was a lot to talk about. Take the jump for trailer from Justice League, Ready Player One, and few tidbits on what is next from Warner Bros.
The event started with the giant video wall wrapping completely around Hall H and highlights from Warner Bros. movies showing up. This is the same thing the studio did last year, and it is beyond amazing to see in person (says everyone who has ever been there when it happens).
READY PLAYER ONE
- First up was Ready Player One with Steven Spielberg on stage talking about the movie.
— Mike Mistroff @SDCC (@mmistroff) July 22, 2017
Personally, I really want to see how Spielberg adapts Ready Player One. It is such a huge deep movie that capturing that magic is going to be difficult. I hear that many of the riddles and puzzles in the book have been modified by Spielberg so those who have not read the book will be just as surprised as to what is coming next.
Holy shit, the #ReadyPlayerOne footage slayed. Iron Giant, DeLorean Time Machine, Akira motorcycle, Freddy Krueger and more all appeared.
— Ethan Anderton (@Ethan_Anderton) July 22, 2017
- Spielberg said, “When I read the book, I thought ‘they’re going to need a younger director.'”
Holy Crap! I just got chills from watching that. You really can do anything in the Oasis. This is going to be a movie to watch on the big big screen.
- According to Spielberg, the Iron Giant plays a major role in the movie.
- Ready Player One arrive in theaters on March 30, 2018.
BLADE RUNNER 2049
- The segment opened with a video timeline of events between the Blade Runner films that wrapped around Hall H. Edward James Olmos narrated the video (that is awesome).
- Jared Leto couldn’t be at the convention, but appeared as a virtual guest. Somewhat fitting considering the nature of the film.
— Jared Leto Brasil (@SiteJaredLetoBR) July 22, 2017
- Harrison Ford was there and said, “I felt when I read the script that it had great depth, and it was a fantastic opportunity. I was delighted to be involved.”
- According to reports, the studio showed the same trailer that was previously released, but the audience did get to see about two minutes of footage from the film.
— #BladeRunner 2049 (@bladerunner) July 22, 2017
- With Flash still in a bit of confusion at the moment, it makes sense that the new movie will be based around the Flashpoint event.
- Let that sink in for a minute – FLASHPOINT – It’s already been an animated movie, it was already covered on The CW’s Flash television series, and now a major motion picture!?
- Warner Bros. upcoming DC Comics movie slate includes: Shazam, Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, Justice League Dark, Batgirl, Green Lantern Corps (Hal Jordan AND John Stewart comic book art shown), The Flash (Flashpoint), Wonder Woman 2
- You’ve already seen the new poster, but it is worth sharing again
DCU Begins. Jason Momoa does a rock and roll entrance with trident through the hall. Crowd goes nuts. pic.twitter.com/xk4XEAshE1
— Heidi MacDonald (@Comixace) July 22, 2017
- Though not a complete trailer, the first Aquaman footage was shown.
- If you are worried that Ben Affleck will be leaving the role of Batman, he says no. Then again he is at a major WB press event, I don’t think he would be allowed to say anything else.
“Let me be very clear, I am the luckiest guy in the world, Batman is the coolest fucking part in any universe. It’s incredible. I’m so thrilled do do it. I know there’s a misconception because I’m not directing it — it’s fucking amazing. With Matt Reeves doing it, I would be an ape, never mind Batman. I’m really blown away and excited. It’s a great time in the DC Universe.”
That is tight. I think this movie might work and put some of our fears to rest.
- Jason Momoa says Aquaman will take on the Ocean Master in the Aquaman movie.
— Warner Bros Pictures (@wbpictures) July 22, 2017
Save for a few fan questions, that is what went down at today’s Warner Bros. panel at the San Diego Comic Con. Thoughts? Reactions? Use the comment section below!