The DC Rebirth: Justice For All panel, hosted by cool guy Jason Inman (DC All Access, Geek History Lesson, Jupiter Jet), just wrapped. So what went down?
On the panel were Tom King, Dan Jurgens, Steve Orlando, Joshua Williamson, John Semper Jr., Nicola Scott, Liam Sharp, and Brad Walker.
- As far as Justice League America goes, Steve Orlando did say that King Butcher and the Butcher story arc are indeed a call back to the Lords of Order.
- Does that mean a Doctor Fate appearance isn’t far behind? Orlando doesn’t rule that out as a character with the name Doctor will be showing up very soon.
- Look for The Fatal Five launching their attack in issue #11 of Supergirl. By the way, the solicitations for issue #12 of Supergirl has the Emerald Empress attacking Supergirl with her new Fatal Five.
- How do the Mother Boxes work in current DCU? John Semper Jr. is going to explain it all in an upcoming issue of Cyborg.
- Williamson talked about writing the Reverse Flash saying, “Barry is so full of hope, he’s sometimes hard to write. With Thawne, it’s the reverse! It’s almost easier. And because he’s such a fan, he knows all of [Barry’s weak points.]” –via CBR
- DC Comics shared images of Barry’s reactions to the Negative Speedforce, with Williamson teasing that upcoming stories will feature a lot of things fans have been asking for.
- If you are looking for clues, Williamson did say there is an Easter Egg hidden in Flash #1.
- Tom King said there are hidden riddles in the current War of Jokes and Riddles arc that have not been discovered yet.
- I don’t know if it is the whole point of the War of Jokes and Riddles, or if King is making a more meta statement when he said, “The whole point of the story is to talk about what a joke is, and what a riddle is. They seem like the same thing…A joke is unexpected, but a riddle is the exact opposite. A riddle can be answered.” -via Newsarama
- Joker and Riddler will have dinner in Batman #29. That should be interesting. I would definitely want to have a food taster at that meal.
- King also joked about trying to outdrink Dan DiDio, and as a result ended up getting the Mister Miracle series.
- Darkseid is.
- Jurgens said the clues to the identity of Mr. Oz. are already out there. (SPOILER ALERT! ) We’ll know for sure in Action Comics #987
- “It will certainly change the future of Action Comics, and I think it will have a ripple effect outwards.” -via CBR
- “The best villians always think they’re the hero of their own story,” said Williamson about Red Death, the evil Flash Batman from the Dark Knights: Metal series.
Save for a few minor bits of conversation, those are the big highlights from the panel. What stood out most for you?