The third season of Voltron – Legendary Defender debuts on August 4th on Netflix, and that means a big panel at the San Diego Comic-Con. Here’s a rundown of what went down at the panel.
- On the panel were Executive producer Joaquim Dos Santos, co-executive producer Lauren Montgomery, Bex Taylor-Klaus, and Tyler Labine.
- The panel kicked off with the season three premiere episode, “Changing of the Guard.” Wish we had the video to share with you right now, but alas, we aren’t that cool. I expect pictures will be forthcoming. – UPDATE: THEY ARE AND WE HAVE THEM BELOW
- At the beginning of the season, expect to see Team Voltron scattered throughout the universe.
- Remember, this show is animated by Studio Mir, the same group that did The Legend of Korra.
- According to Dos Santos “There are only seven episodes in season three, but there’s another drop in October.”
- Why would they do this? Montgomery said that there will be smaller doses for each season but fans will get more overall.
- The producers went over a few character arcs that will be explored during the season included Hunk becoming an integral part of the team, and Pidge’s journey to find her family.
- “Our villains don’t have to be 100% evil from day one, and that is [Prince] Lotor.”
- “Everyone on the team is not quite as fully evolved as a leader as Shiro is, but they need to get there,” said Montgomery.
- Someone in the audience asked about Keith’s race, and Dos Santos replied, “We’ve got stuff we’re holding on for you guys.”
I know many Spoilerites are fans of Voltron. was there anything you hoped would be announced that wasn’t, or were you satisfied with the talking points?
UPDATE: Now with images from Dreamworks