With the long-rumored sequel to Top Gun now officially happening, I’m almost happy seeing Maverick returning to duty in his fifties.  While I don’t think that it’s a story that necessarily NEEDS to be told, seeing a young hotshot turned into the very thing in the present that he spent his first movie railing against in the form of Tom Skerritt seems interesting.  Of course, I’m still waiting to find out what happened to the crew of the Palomino on the other side of the titular black hole, leaving to today’s sequential query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”)  cautions that, although I am accepting of the Top Gun sequel, I will only watch it if it features Val Kilmer, asks: Since a sequel to EVERYTHING now seems inevitable, which hypothetical part two would you welcome the most?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

[Business] Stranger Things 2 partners with Diamond Comic Distributors for Halloween ComicFest 2017

Drexler #1 Review

1. July 13, 2017 at 11:58 am — Reply

I would love to see a sequel to “The Sword and the Sorcerer”, It would be neat to see Talon and his 3 bladed sword having another fun adventure.

• July 13, 2017 at 12:09 pm — Reply

Unfortunately, the sequel exists and it is just horrendous. It has none of the charm of the original whatsoever, feels more like a generic Syfy movie.

2. July 13, 2017 at 12:03 pm — Reply

Right now, I have to say Power Rangers. I have a whole list of reasons, but my biggest is because I REALLY want to see their spin on the “Green With Evil” storyline. They did a much better job than I was expecting with the movie, so I’m more willing to give a sequel a chance. Plus, you can’t have that mid-credits scene and then NOT make the sequel about Tommy as the evil Green Ranger.

3. July 13, 2017 at 1:08 pm — Reply

Here’s a left field answer, but what about The Last Starfighter?

After all, the frontier is down, Xur escaped and there is still danger!

4. July 13, 2017 at 1:14 pm — Reply

The Incredibles was, well, incredible, and that world deserves another visit.

5. July 13, 2017 at 2:17 pm — Reply

With original cast, Big Trouble In Little China.

• Cody Dixon
      July 13, 2017 at 6:58 pm — Reply

I agree Big Trouble in Little China with at the very least Kurt Russell back as Jack and John Carpenter directing.

6. Brandon
    July 13, 2017 at 3:03 pm — Reply

Although a sequel to The Black Hole would be amazing, it didn’t leave me wanting to explore that cinematic universe further explored as much as Inception.

I wouldn’t want the sequel to follow Leonardo’s character. I’d love to see more about the actual world in which it took place. We saw a couple of hints but not many. I’m curious about how many other unique inventions are floating out in the world and why corporate espionage is such big business.

7. July 13, 2017 at 5:01 pm — Reply

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

8. Frank
    July 14, 2017 at 7:36 am — Reply

+1 for Buckaroo Banzai and +1 for the Last Star Fighter.
    FYI. There is a Last Star Fighter series in the works…

9. Randron
    July 16, 2017 at 2:58 pm — Reply

Titanic 2, bigger boat, bigger disaster.

naturally this one would be all fictional, but i’d rather have that than James Cameron’s Blue People 2 through 4 :|