Sometimes, the MS-QOTD is a high-profile nerd point of contention, other times it’s a philosophical divide that helps to define (like that whole hot dog/sammich query), and still other times, it’s a chance for the Faithful Spoilerites to show their breadth of nerd knowledge in ways that they may not be able to in their day-to-day drudgery.  Then, other times, it’s whatever bizarre notion floats into my head, like this afternoon when I suddenly missed my pickup truck, leading to today’s rear-wheel drive query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) is actually somewhat enamored of having cargo space, but only used it like twice a year, asking: Pickup Truck: Awesome ride or “Aw, heck no!”

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Top Five Television Jingles

Alter-Life #2 Review

1. DandyTandy
    July 6, 2017 at 11:36 am — Reply

Depends for me. I’m a fan of the older single cab trucks a la the Ford Ranger and Nissan XE, and I came close to buying my great-uncle’s 88 F-250 in high school. These days, unless one regularly tows or hauls, I find most trucks to be less about utility and more about image (but this is coming from the guy in a wood-paneled 95 Buick wagon).

2. July 6, 2017 at 12:05 pm — Reply

I’m in the “no” camp.
    They look great, but their fuel efficiency is atrocious.

3. July 6, 2017 at 12:11 pm — Reply

This is probably one of those cultural things. Here, you get pick up if you need, otherwise (usually) its some other type of car.

• July 6, 2017 at 1:39 pm — Reply

You’re not wrong. I’m from the middle of Illinois where there are farmers everywhere, so pickup trucks are fairly common. Even non-farmers have them because a lot of people work or live where they have to haul a lot of stuff at any given time, or because they work with the farmers in some other capacity. Go just a little ways away to bigger cities or where there are fewer farms, you don’t see them as often except for mostly people who work certain jobs (like construction or home repair) where it is a useful vehicle.

I’m just so used to things like a group of us taking one to go fishing or camping out and having everything we need and then some packed up in the pickup. For big extended gatherings (like a weekend party at the lake or something), there is almost always someone who fills the back of theirs with ice and beverages.

4. July 6, 2017 at 1:37 pm — Reply

Does it say something stupid on the side in big letters, like “Power Wagon II”? Then nnnno.

If it’s what Mr. Haney drove, then gawd yes:

5. Frank
    July 6, 2017 at 2:06 pm — Reply

Yes, I have been driving one for about 30 years. It’s perfect for runs to Home Depot.

6. joetekcor
    July 6, 2017 at 3:51 pm — Reply

I’m one of the only Texans without a truck. It will be my next vehicle purchase though. I hope to eventually get a travel trailer and I need a truck to pull it.

7. Hannah
    July 6, 2017 at 8:24 pm — Reply

Only if it has a working radio, vehicle-wise that’s really my only criteria, or at least a tape deck…

8. Ray
    July 6, 2017 at 9:06 pm — Reply

(looks in my driveway) Yup

9. b003
    July 7, 2017 at 9:25 pm — Reply

Cadillac Escalade EXT if I must, otherwise I’m a van man.

10. Michael
    July 8, 2017 at 1:27 am — Reply

Yes, but I do a lot of hauling and outside work, but I do like my truck