I really love being part of the many podcasts we do at Major Spoilers, but if you ask me for a favorite, I usually say Top Five.  That comes in part because of the variability in format, allowing my co-hosts to entertain me with their own weird fave-raves, but also because I am a man of many loves.  If you ask me three days in a row what my favorite superhero is, the answer will probably change at least once, so the idea of choosing five things from nigh-infinite sets makes for fun comparison and contrast.  This morning, for instance, I woke up with a desire to watch ‘The Black Hole’ again (and also eat honey shrimp, but that’s not important right now) whereas yesterday I would probably have said ‘O Brother Where Art Thou’ is my favorite film, leading us to today’s cinematic query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced “macks-ee-MILL-yun”) encourages you not to think about today’s MS-QOTD, but simply answer with the first film that your brain dubs as “favorite”, asking: If you and I sat down together, right now, so you could show my your favorite film, what would we watch?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Wayne’s Comics Podcast #276: Gilbert Deltrez

Retro Review: The Undertaker #1 (April 1999)

1. April 9, 2017 at 11:26 am — Reply

Seven Samurai directed by Akira Kurosawa.

2. DamienR
    April 9, 2017 at 12:44 pm — Reply

The Wedding Singer. No, seriously!

• April 9, 2017 at 1:10 pm — Reply

I don’t doubt you, that movie is charming as heck…

3. April 9, 2017 at 1:23 pm — Reply

Ghostbusters (original, not the new one that is also called “Ghostbusters: Answer the Call”).

4. Doug Connors
    April 9, 2017 at 7:32 pm — Reply

Wow, Black Hole huh? I think as a general favorite film I would have to with Princess Bride. But you’re right my favorite will drift depending on my mood, though there are probably about ten or so that do the top rotation.

• April 9, 2017 at 8:19 pm — Reply

Oh, yeah. I have a copy on my PS3 so that I can play it whenever I feel like watching…

5. Daniel Langsdale
    April 9, 2017 at 10:17 pm — Reply

If you’ve never seen it, I’d have you watch The Spitfire Grill.

6. Frank
    April 10, 2017 at 7:57 am — Reply

Today, it’s The Goofy Movie, tomorrow might be Star Wars…

7. April 10, 2017 at 8:04 am — Reply

Too hard to pick one. Depends on mood generated in presence of another and weather.

8. Brandon
    April 10, 2017 at 5:53 pm — Reply

The Fifth Element

I spent most of my twenties trying to figure out my favorite movie via lots and lots of top 5 genre lists. This one popped to the overall top when I realized how many genres I could at least make this an honorable mention. Simply put much like Matthew this movie is as eclectic as I am. Plus it is a great movie with the best use of opera of all time via the Diva. (stupid sound track split the Diva’s song into two and that little pause as the CD changes track kills a ton of the momentum the song creates in the film)

Today’s top non The Fifth Element (next movie my brain thought of) A Pyromaniac’s Love Story, just a great 90’s film that has a lot of subtle and not so subtle humor.