In this installment of Critical Hit РA Major Spoilers Podcast: Strange things are afoot in Redemption, Texas, and a mysterious artifact needs to be found.

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit and Major Spoilers merchandise!

At Major Spoilers, we strive to create original content that you find interesting and entertaining. If you would like to support our efforts, please become a patron today.

The Legion Clubhouse #004: The Legacy of Tom Tanner

Major Spoilers Question of the Day: Sound Effects Edition

1. simonsimonforyou
    March 18, 2017 at 3:10 pm — Reply

That was great! I have no problem with this going on for a bunch of months, I thoroughly enjoyed that. All I want now are wester supplements for 5e.

2. March 18, 2017 at 11:29 pm — Reply

So Rob is playing an uncharismatic, monosyllabic, violent hulk, and Brian is playing the charismatic, outgoing socialite with a secret identity?

I could not POSSIBLY be more on board for this.

3. Frederick Pagliarulo Jr. (a.k.a. Darth Macho)
    March 19, 2017 at 9:23 am — Reply

I like westerns, but I was a little uneasy at the beginning about the setting being historic earth. I was pleasantly surprised when Rob’s character was revealed which made me realize that the fantasy elements were there the whole time, just re-skinned, and I got back into it. Of course I had to listen to it again right away and enjoyed it even more. I’m looking forward to more of Sam as the DM, because she really seems to weave a great story, and the players are really bringing the role-play chops to the table.

Thanks to all of you for keeping us entertained and loving RPGs!

4. March 19, 2017 at 6:22 pm — Reply

This was pretty neat!

I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of world-building Sam has set up for this campaign setting. (Did she home-brew her own ‘weird western’ universe or is this an established PF setting with things like the Saurians already worked in?) I can’t wait to see D&D Brian break out his ‘alter ego’ now that we’ve met the mild-mannered side. I also love hearing Rodrigo get to play a PC – his 5e Bard from the last round of ‘off-season’ adventures still sticks out in my mind as an particularly awesome take on that class, and it was great seeing his sense for solid storytelling inform the way he was playing his character in this first episode, too.

I couldn’t really get into the CoC one-off (not saying anything against it, it just wasn’t my cup of tea) but this one definitely has me interested. Nice start to an adventure that I’m looking forward to following!

5. March 19, 2017 at 7:10 pm — Reply

Definitely a fan of Sam…and the rest of the crew really seems to have brought all the role-play and voice acting. I am really liking this and could see this become a regular thing. Also, nice twist with it not being traditional Western Earth. Interesting to see the world building and delve into it.

6. March 20, 2017 at 10:12 am — Reply

I can’t believe you’re doing a western setting, I really can’t imagine anything I would more like to hear. I love you all so much.

7. Gehrigan
    March 23, 2017 at 9:54 pm — Reply

I have just started my own “Weird West” 5E game, basically I have moved the fantasy from medieval times into that world’s industrial frontier age. I have been drawing on the Deadlands style archetypes since 5E doesn’t have any “Western” materials. I have replaced human indigenous tribes with Goblinoids, Orcs and Dragonborn plus some of the races from Kobold Press’s Southlands book. It seems to be working well.

Sam’s game has come at just the right time to help inspire me with my own campaign. I love all the world building work you have done and can’t wait to hear more.

8. March 29, 2017 at 5:28 pm — Reply

Love the new series! My favorite part is listening to Rodrigo speak English with a Mexican accent in character, that is completely different than his normal English with a Mexican accent!

9. Shawn Hoskey
    March 31, 2017 at 11:45 am — Reply

Love the new series… Me and my guys have been playing pathfinder for years, ages from 17 to 48 most of us including me are in our mid 40’s. We are teaching our kids how to play old school….
    I am sure you have already heard of this but we use Hero Lab for our player creation and game play sheets. It does all the math and works really well. Saves a ton of time. This is the only way a bunch of middle aged dads have time to play.
    I love the idea of healing surge in pathfinder where did you find that rule set or did you make it up? If made up can you explain it for us Please…..

Thanks for being awesome for all these years!

10. March 31, 2017 at 4:47 pm — Reply

They are home brewed rules. Here’s the basic gist:

Surges per day: 1/2 your hit die + your character’s con mod.

You can spend any number of surges out of combat, healing 25% of your HP per surge spent. As a standard action in combat you can second wind to spend a healing surge. For the next round you’re considered to be taking the total defense action, meaning you get a +4 dodge bonus to AC. You can do this once per combat.

Cure Spells can be cast as a swift action. They allow the target to spend a healing surge and add the normal amount the spell would heal.