Two heroes, both wearing red-and-blue.  Each is considered the gold standard for heroes in his universe, each has unique ideas about wardrobe and super-duping.  One grew a mullet while the other got cloned, and in the 1970s, they both had ridiculous Name-Mobiles about which the less said the better.  One is clearly more powerful, while the other is more charming, and everyone has to figure out whether they’re more Superman or Spider-Man, leading to today’s dead planet/dead uncle query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) loves the fact that they canonically met once, and no explanation was given for how, asking: Without any context, do you prefer Superman or Spider-Man?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

[ECC'17] Valiant announces new Bloodshot ongoing series

[Gaming] Five Call of Cthulhu Pop Culture Game Hooks

1. Rome
    March 2, 2017 at 11:59 am — Reply

Spider-man. The realism and potential vulnerabilities of Mr. Parker always seemed to hit home more so than the faux doofiness of Superman hiding in plain sight as Mr. Kent.

2. Cody Dixon
    March 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm — Reply

I side with Spider-Man as a nerd I can recognize with him more than the Kansas boy.

3. Kirby
    March 2, 2017 at 8:48 pm — Reply

I’ve always liked Superman and find him to be a very relatable and intriguing character when written correctly.

4. March 2, 2017 at 9:16 pm — Reply

Amalgam’s Spider-Boy because I don’t want to choose.

Actually, I am a slightly bigger fan of Spidey than I am the Big Blue Boy Scout. SLIGHTLY.

At their core, I can relate to both Peter and Clark being a nerd who grew up in a backwater farm town. But as heroes, Spider-Man just interests me more because while he does have immense power, he has clear limits and could potentially be in danger in any fight he’s in without the writers having to resort to radioactive planetary debris, magic or altering the solar energy spectrum, and he has to use his wits just as much as his powers to get through. It makes reading his stories more exciting because he’s one false move away from serious injury or worse.

5. Andrew Crump
    March 3, 2017 at 3:23 pm — Reply

Spider-Man takes the web-pitted cake on this one. Though I will point out, both have been cloned, and if I’m not mistaken (which I probably am, wasn’t there a Ben Riley who was actually Peter Parker, who grew a mullet in his off season with that awesome brown jacket? I seem to remember having a peter Parker/spider-man flip head action figure in the mid nineties of this.

6. March 5, 2017 at 9:10 am — Reply