It used to be the Legion’s cardinal rule: Every member must have at least one unique super-power.  In the case of Wildfire, he was denied membership on his first attempt even though he was a powerhouse with a dozen powers, as they all duplicated those of existing members.  Many a nerd confab has hinged upon which hero’s abilities we would like to have, leading us to today’s one super-power query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) has always said I want super-speed, even though running sucks, asking: What one super-power (no cheating!) would you choose?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Top Five Worst Comic Book Movies

Dueling Review Empowered Soldier of Love #1

1. February 9, 2017 at 11:49 am — Reply

There’s this girl on a chilean comic that had the power of ‘hiding in oblivion’. Basically she dissapeared and everyone forgot she existed. I find that terrifying but fascinating

2. February 9, 2017 at 11:52 am — Reply

This is a tough one.

Something akin to the ability to create hard-light (or similar energy) constructs is my go to answer (similar to DC Comics character Jade rather than the full abilities of a Green Lantern ring).

But just in case that is considered cheating, I would also be happy with the ability to heal others. As a cancer survivor who hates seeing kids go through the same thing I did, I’d love to have the power to take the source of all that pain and suffering away.

3. joetekcor
    February 9, 2017 at 1:37 pm — Reply

I’d have to say the power to control time. If that had to have a limit I’d say just the power to stop time. That way I could hit the pause button, take a nap, then resume what I needed to do.

4. February 9, 2017 at 2:21 pm — Reply

Telepathy, around the level of Professor X.

5. Daniel Langsdale
    February 9, 2017 at 3:50 pm — Reply

The power to manipulate dreams & make them a reality

6. Wayne
    February 9, 2017 at 8:12 pm — Reply

Teleportation. I hate rush hour traffic so much.

7. Kegen
    February 9, 2017 at 11:51 pm — Reply

If I can’t go with the powers of the Beyonder or Molecule Man…….it’s got to be Flash-level super-speed. In real life (I realize that is a bit oxymoronic) being that fast would make you unbeatable. Time-travel, vibrate through solid matter, run so fast you essentially teleport. Flying or strength or shape-shifting would be fun, but in my actual life the super-speed would be the most useful.

8. the Mark
    February 10, 2017 at 3:27 am — Reply

time travel.

9. bob barker
    February 10, 2017 at 8:20 am — Reply

As appealing as Arm Fall Off Boy would be,I’d have to go with Element Lad’s power:create any material he wants in the form he likes.I’d never go broke,be able to construct real items instead of temporary ones like a Lantern.