During the North American International Auto Show, Cheverolet and LEGO unveiled a full-sized Batmobile based on the one seen in the upcoming The LEGO Batman Movie.
“To work on the LEGO Batmobile with Warner Bros. is an absolute thrill for us at Chevy,” said Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Many of the themes in ‘The LEGO Batman Movie,’ like imagination, family and community, align perfectly with our Chevy brand values and add to the value of the partnership.”
LEGO Batmobile Fast Facts:
– It’s 83 inches (6.92 feet) high, 204 inches (17 feet) long and 111 inches (9.25 feet) wide.
– Total weight is 1,695.5 pounds. Each tire is just over 100 pounds.
– The interior frame is made from more than 86 feet of square tube aluminum and weighs 282.5 pounds.
– Total number of LEGO bricks used to build the Batmobile: 344,187
– Total number of LEGO colors used: 17
– The LEGO Batmobile took 222 hours to design and 1,833 hours to build.
– The LEGO Batmobile was designed and assembled in the LEGO Model Shop in Enfield, Connecticut, by LEGO Master Builders.
To really appreciate what Chevrolet has done, be sure to check out website that looks like a real website for selling cars.
In case you want to buy The LEGO Batman Movie Batmobile, check out our recent review and build of the vehicle.