In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Podcast: The investigators explore Hollywood, and meet one of the world’s most infamous director.

This episode of Critical Hit is sponsored by Harry’s (www.harrys.com). Use the code criticalhit at checkout to save on new subscription.

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit and Major Spoilers merchandise!

At Major Spoilers, we strive to create original content that you find interesting and entertaining. If you would like to support our efforts, please become a patron today.

Finally Friday for Friday the 13th - A Storm's a Brewin'

Major Spoilers Question of the Day: Commercial Pitch Edition

1. Ricco
    January 14, 2017 at 9:23 pm — Reply

I don’t know if it was the point, but I freaked out when he said “he unfolds the chart… 8 times”.

Keep in mind how huge that chart has to be to be folded 8 times in reality, then remember it has but a small *fraction* of that size in the story.

P.S. Sound is awesome!

• Crystal Groves
      January 16, 2017 at 2:08 am — Reply

Didn’t the Mythbusters show it would take an extreme level of planning and effort to fold a paper 7 times and it would be enormous?

• Ricco
        January 21, 2017 at 1:00 pm — Reply

Yup, hence the freak out, something that would better fit in a stadium is only spilling over a table.

2. January 14, 2017 at 10:05 pm — Reply

Love the creepiness and the setup. Very much looking forward to how the story plays out. I found all the map, etc details and story to be really intriguing. Also, huge fan of the newest addition to the major spoilers/critical hit crew.

One small note, this episode’s sound seemed to be pretty sensitive. I could hear people writing on paper as well as someone randomly and repeatedly rolling dice (which kind of felt like people talking in a movie theater). I know the audio is still early in the process of perfecting as the series goes along.

3. Frederick Pagliarulo Jr. (a.k.a. Darth Macho)
    January 15, 2017 at 8:29 am — Reply

Looking forward to listening. I’m going to start from the beginning again and do a double feature in work tonight.

4. Tom
    January 15, 2017 at 11:56 am — Reply

Amanda sounds like Jennifer Laurence

5. B. Golub
    January 15, 2017 at 2:11 pm — Reply

I love Dr. Brad Will’s acting. The mentally unstable Allen Smithee was played so well! A perfect character for an engaging Call of Cthulu game!
    This game is unfolding beautifully and I am loving the mystery deepening.
    The player cast is fantastic – im crossing my fingers for Rodrigo to enter as a player :)

• January 15, 2017 at 2:44 pm — Reply

Go back and listen to the first episode… for your answer.

6. January 16, 2017 at 3:44 pm — Reply

“They’re telling me that people are CRAZY for our movie, The King In Yellow…”

Oh good Lord, that’s so perfect. Had to stop cutting up vegetables in the kitchen because I was laughing too hard.

7. Gehrigan
    January 17, 2017 at 7:32 am — Reply

I could swear that Amanda’s voice was Ross from “Frasier”. lol

8. Jonathan O.
    January 17, 2017 at 5:54 pm — Reply

I’m loving the gameplay so far. As a player of only 4e and 5e D&D, it’s interesting to hear a new system being used as well. Brad is doing an impressive job as DM – he’s fast on his mental feet when the players throw a curve or question, and all of the players are great to listen to. I’m loving the binaural audio!!

9. January 20, 2017 at 10:35 am — Reply

Fagela? Tell me I just imagined she said that. Deplorable.

• January 20, 2017 at 12:24 pm — Reply

I am sorry. I only half heard what she was saying, and did not know what the word meant until just now. I apologize for my mistake.

• January 20, 2017 at 1:19 pm — Reply

No sweat, dude! I was just a little bit surprised considering how much effort you have been putting into inclusiveness of late. You’re still aces in my book.