CHLegacyofGhostsBanner

In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Podcast: The party meets an old acquaintance.

NOTE: Rodrigo had horrible Internet issues this week which does affect the overall quality of his audio.

At Major Spoilers, we strive to create original content that you find interesting and entertaining. If you would like to support our efforts, please become a patron today.

Major Spoilers Question of the Day: Repackaging Edition

Major Spoilers Question of the Day: Your Traditions Edition

1. December 24, 2016 at 9:39 am — Reply

Oh WOW! I was not expecting that twist at all! I’m getting excited for the next season already. I’m sop curious as to what will come next for our heroes.

So many questions need to be answered, but it looks like we’re going to be finding out what is going on in the Astral Sea next season!

Just some of the questions that are already buzzing around in my head:
    – Who is the funeral for?
    – How did it happen?
    – Has the Treaty of Worms been broken?
    – Where do our heroes fit in?
    – Will they actually kill a god?
    – Have the already done that by bringing back the starfish?
    – If so, what will be the consequences?
    – Will the starfish get attached to Orem’s evil sword?
    – Why a starfish, lol?
    – When does SEASON 6 start, because I can’t wait!?

2. Matthew
    December 24, 2016 at 11:14 am — Reply

I am also excited to see what happens, especially as our characters get into the 20+ level range and uncover their Epic Destinies!

I love that we have call backs to earlier plots so that the entire campaign has connective tissue. Keep it up the good work.

Also, why not use the StarFish (TM) on The-Thing-Which-Shatters-The-Sky ?

• December 24, 2016 at 3:33 pm — Reply

I think they may have considered using it on him, but they needed his help to get back and he didn’t seem to be mistreating the Ebbilu (sp?)

3. December 24, 2016 at 12:21 pm — Reply

So, if memory serves, the only person in the “who will return/join” for Legacy of Ghosts who didn’t show up was Smith…that we know of.

Looking forward to the next season (and whatever MS has in store in the in-between!)

4. December 24, 2016 at 8:42 pm — Reply

I really love how Ket was already trying to figure out a way to rescue Torq from the Hogba when he learned of the Starfish’s power. And him also being like “are you trying to drop a hint?!” in which he’s obviously referring to Asmodyious.

(Though i still like the idea that Ket’s final showdown which leads him to level 30 is taking on Asmodyious in Kobold Alley.)

Was not expecting this episode to be the end of season. So exciting! Can’t wait to see what’s going on in the Astral Sea.

• December 24, 2016 at 9:22 pm — Reply

I also really liked that Rob acknowledged Ket’s obsession over maps, which I’ve always found cute.

5. Simonsimonforyou
    December 25, 2016 at 7:24 am — Reply

Loved the ending. I was just listening going “This is so interesting” every ten minutes. Loved that we got to meet the Ebbilu. It was funny that none of the guys seemed to remember them.

I also smiled when Ket thought of The Hogba, I was constantly thinking that was the way this was going to go, but it seems like it isn’t.

I really liked this season. It felt a bit smaller than the others, and a bit more of an action/thriller season with a lot of creativity and world building. Not as many big memorable roleplaying scenarios for me, but many awesome and exciting action sequences and I’ve been constantly baffled and impressed by Rodrigo’s world building this season.

It’s extremely difficult making a world as big and complex and interesting as the Critical Hit U, and at the same time make everything in it make sense inherently, not only geo. It’s very inspiring and makes my own worlds seem like incoherent messes.

What I think is the true genius is how D&D the world is. It’s so naturally and organically connected to the system. So impressive. Much love.

• Simonsimonforyou
      December 25, 2016 at 7:26 am — Reply

And I was completely wrong about the Rakshasi, and half wrong about that lying bastard. But I liked what Rodrigo did much better than what I’d thought of.

• DM-Z
      December 25, 2016 at 11:21 am — Reply

When have we heard of/met the Ebilu before? As soon as Rodrigo said it, I was racking my brains to figure out when they had popped up on the podcast before, but couldn’t think of it.

• Simonsimonforyou
        December 26, 2016 at 4:35 am — Reply

They created the Cogs. I think we heard about them in s.2 when the gang finds the cogs and go to the moon.

• DM-Z
          December 26, 2016 at 11:05 am — Reply

Right! Thanks so much.

• December 26, 2016 at 11:48 am — Reply

We also got a holographic glimpse at them when Torq’s helmet kicked in with a training video in Episode #130 Kobold Alley.

• DNDL
      December 31, 2016 at 11:09 am — Reply

I think if Ket hadn’t thought of the Hogba, and it hadn’t been addressed, we would all be convinced that’s where this was going.

6. Chase
    December 25, 2016 at 4:11 pm — Reply

This was really the last episode of the season? I’m kind of disappointed if so. Unlike the previous seasons, there was no big climax nor was there any resolution.

I do love Divine politics, and I’m eager to see what’s in store, however, I hope we find out what happens.

• Simonsimonforyou
      December 26, 2016 at 4:44 am — Reply

I feel like that’s because there weren’t any major choices this season. In season 3 we had a lot of dilemmas and choices leading up to the final battle against The Void, so the stakes felt very connected to the characters, and in season 4 the heroes had sort of created the problem for themselves, and they had to decide what to do with Spud, and who went with the Hogba. At the same time we’d spend time with each character’s family, and really felt what was at stake.

I didn’t feel like this ending tied anything up. They saved the world, but that was what they did. That’s big and all, but it always felt in the other seasons that they did more than that.

Still loved this season and I hope I don’t come off as negative. I hope it’s okay for people to discuss both what they liked and didn’t like in this board.

I still think this is about as good as D&D can possibly get. Which is great.

7. December 26, 2016 at 1:10 pm — Reply

When they woke up and met Friend I immediately thought of the Hogbba (ominous place, populated by weird looking creatures as I didn’t remember the Ebbilu). I was terrified/excited of what they might find and when The Thing was revealed I panicked because that was so much worse than the Hogba!
    I can’t wait for the next season and the new horrors that Rodrigo has prepared for us!

8. Ron Jensen
    December 26, 2016 at 6:16 pm — Reply

Another season of superb role-play and deep storylines. Little Sparcle/Sam has been a great addition to the show. An earlier comment mentions that The Thing was wearing a metal-smith’s apron and that The Void gods all keep reforming into each other…so, Smith.

9. Ricco
    December 27, 2016 at 10:19 pm — Reply

Oh God, when I heard they knew who he was abd the blue minions I thought it was the Hogba and was already thinking about at least a call back to Torq or maybe even a return!

But The-Thing-That-Shatners-The-Shy? Awesome!

10. Kevin Codner
    December 28, 2016 at 12:06 pm — Reply

Another solid season. I was not sure which god it would be – I was actually leaning Gruumsh since he (or a disciple actually) popped into storyline towards the end here. And I wonder if Rob & Rodrigo in the off season with build a way to have a story arc with a rescue mission to rescue the ever beloved Halston Torqelson. Maybe not next season but perhaps the following (yes, I hope that Critical Hit keeps going for years).

Now comes the question of what happens in the off season. Can we maybe bring back and continue the Modern City storyline? I cannot wait for whatever it might be.

11. December 28, 2016 at 2:19 pm — Reply

Another vote for Modern City in the offseason!

12. Simonsimonforyou
    December 28, 2016 at 3:24 pm — Reply

Jesus Modern City would be so sweet.

13. Matt
    December 30, 2016 at 1:07 pm — Reply

Wellp, back to the tradition of listening from the beginning between seasons! Just in time for tax season, too!

14. Dennis
    December 30, 2016 at 11:27 pm — Reply

Well done, critical hit crew. My hat off to Rodrigo for a fine season.

Although I don’t seem to have a hat, so maybe I’ve given it to him already.