Artist Alex Ross has a new line of art prints coming our way featuring the classic Universal Monsters that shaped our childhoods.
For film buffs, it’s hard to imagine Frankenstein without thinking of Boris Karloff or Dracula without Bela Lugosi. Now, artist Alex Ross has brought their iconic film roles to life! Alex has painted the definitive versions of these stars of “Creature Features” and will premiere officially at the San Diego Comic Con in 2017. Alex painted these classics both in their original black and white and color tinted editions.
The collection will include:
- (Boris Karloff) Frankenstein -1931
- (Bela Lugosi) Dracula-1931
- (Elsa Lanchester) Bride of Frankenstein-1935
- Creature from the Black Lagoon-1954
- (Boris Karloff) The Mummy-1932
- (Lon Chaney Jr) The Wolf Man-1941
- (Claude Rains) The Invisible Man-1933
- Monster Mash
I hear the last one is a graveyard smash…
Here are a couple of the images Alex has worked on. We’ll see the rest at the San Diego Comic Con 2017.