CHLegacyofGhostsBanner

In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Podcast: Two new members join the party, and we find out how Sam discovered the truth about Sekhar.

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit and Major Spoilers merchandise!

This episode of Critical Hit is brought to you by HelloFresh.com. Use the code CriticalHit at checkout to save $35 on your first subscription.

At Major Spoilers, we strive to create original content that you find interesting and entertaining. If you would like to support our efforts, please become a patron today.

Finally Friday for October 14, 2016 - DC Comics on top... again

Major Spoilers Question of the Day: Where Are You Edition

1. Simonsimonforyou
    October 15, 2016 at 10:51 am — Reply

What a truly cruel place to end this episode. Gosh darnit! Brilliant! Can’t wait for next week. If you do a mailbag I will die.

My guess is that the Oversight people was once a people who tried to take over some of the other worlds, kind of like The Salamanders Coil are doing now, but because of an oversight in their plan, they accidentally destroyed their own world.

They saw the dangers in trying to conquer other vertexes and decided to dedicate their existence to stopping anyone from repeating their mistake.

• Simonsimonforyou
      October 15, 2016 at 10:52 am — Reply

Oh, and that’s why it’s called legacy of ghosts.

• October 15, 2016 at 1:20 pm — Reply

Wow, I had an awesome theory as to what is going on, but yours is so much better. That makes so much sense! If you look at their dossier, this is a very good theory.

• October 18, 2016 at 4:17 pm — Reply

Perhaps too much travel over some period of time weakens the vertex and it collapses or it got sucked into another vertex destroying everything. And the Overseers are the remnants of that vertex that happened to be on other worlds. So yes, the Sparkletones are destined to save the world once again, well for some of them anyway.

• October 18, 2016 at 6:01 pm — Reply

My theory was that the Void were from another Vertex, and when the Torqletones stopped their incursion the bomb they used was more destructive than intended and the result was the Vertex now known as The Corpse, and that was the reason why they were considered bunglers. That theory has a lot of holes in it and would make our heroes not so heroic, so I assume it is NOT the case. I like the idea that Oversight is trying to correct their own mistakes. Whatever the story is, I hope we find out this week and that it paves the way for the Epic Destinies of the Sparkletones!

• Simonsimonforyou
        October 19, 2016 at 2:32 am — Reply

Cool theory. I don’t think the inspector would have that tone with them if they were actually responsible for that.

But I like the idea a lot!

• October 19, 2016 at 3:44 pm — Reply

Yes, that’s true. Also, it seems like The Corpse has been the way it is for a long time, because according to the dossier they send a case worker to check on it every 100 years. That can probably be explained in a number of ways, but it definitely counters my theory. I can’t wait for story time! I hope it’s a long episode.

• Bip
      October 22, 2016 at 1:42 am — Reply

Wow, this was actually really very close to the truth!

• October 22, 2016 at 6:32 am — Reply

Yeah. Simon even got the name pretty much spot on.

• October 22, 2016 at 8:20 am — Reply

Simon nailed it. My theories were all wrong, lol.

• October 22, 2016 at 8:21 am — Reply

Also, for all the answers we got, I have a bunch more questions!

• Simonsimonforyou
              October 22, 2016 at 12:08 pm — Reply

Almost right!

• Simonsimonforyou
        October 22, 2016 at 12:17 pm — Reply

I work as a writer, so I kinda could see where we were going :) And Rodrigo had dropped a few hints.

2. October 15, 2016 at 2:18 pm — Reply

I lost it for a few minutes at the whole “aquatic chicken” portion. Good job, Brian.

I’m so excited to hear what Missy is going to tell them about their vertex!

3. October 15, 2016 at 2:58 pm — Reply

The bonus pre-show chatter clip (recorded before ep #367) in the members-only area made my VIP Gold Membership worth it this month all on its own. Matthew and Brian complaining about sentai mouths, Rodrigo joking about Matthew getting a shoulder-mounted cannon, Stephen making an entirely casual masturbation joke about the mind-control device in Sekhar’s head… I choked laughing. More of these, please. They’re a great membership bonus.

On this week’s podcast… Ever since I came across the first mention of the Salamander’s Coil waaaaay back in episode 208 (almost exactly a hundred episodes before Little Sparkle even showed up), I’ve been wondering what story seeds we’ve already gotten that might blossom into the next major story arc. We’ve still got the drow disappearance, I believe, and whatever’s going on with Asmodeus and the smoking remains of Tuberville (by now, probably New Asmodeon) is always a possibility. But I’m wondering if the Sagacious Order Pioneer’s offhand reference to a crisis on the Western Continent is also a future hook.

Oh, and favorite moment this week:

“I didn’t mean to insult you.”
    “Yes you did.”