Top-FiveLOGO3Top Five Things Millennials Won’t Understand

Top Five is a show where the hosts categorize, rank, compare, and stratify everything‚Ķ from cars to gadgets to people and movies. From stuff that is hot, and things that are not nearly as interesting – it’s Top Five.

This week, old people recall the things that were common when they were kids, but are probably lost on the younger generation.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

At Major Spoilers, we strive to create original content that you find interesting and entertaining. If you would like to support our efforts, please become a patron today.

[NYCC'16] Mighty Mouse and Charmed return to comics in 2017

[Toys] LEGO unveils latest Ideas project

1. Jimmy B
    October 6, 2016 at 3:17 pm — Reply

Oddly enough, my collage has a wet lab that every student who hopes to get any degree involving art, graphic design, photography, or journalism will probably spend at least one semester developing film at.

Black&White Photography is a required course for several associate degrees at Kilgore Collage. I took the class around 2 years ago or so.

I learned later to my surprise that most collages don’t have classes that teach how to develope photos.

• October 6, 2016 at 3:33 pm — Reply

Correct! Our’s dropped dark room techniques and film photography about 15 years ago, and only teaches digital today.

2. Allen.
    October 6, 2016 at 4:49 pm — Reply

Knowing the answer to any question in seconds instead of never knowing the answer. TVs without remotes. Manually rolling down a car window. A car lock with the big knob on top.

Future generations, my granddaughter will never know a time without voice control (I have an echo).

3. Andy
    October 7, 2016 at 8:32 am — Reply

I’m a millennial, and I remember all those things. Maybe it’s because I’m an early millennial (about the same age as Rodrigo) or growing up in small town Washington, or maybe you are mistaking millennials and the generation after. Whatever we are going to call them.

Still a good show a ton of nostalgia for me this one.

4. March 8, 2017 at 10:18 am — Reply

I found out about you guys about a month ago, so getting caught up on all kinds of your stuff (mainly critical hit), so I normally don’t comment because I am hearing things months/years after the original. But, I just heard this one today and can’t help myself. This one gives me a mixture of feelings of “This is brilliant!” and “Wow, now I feel old, thanks guys but yeah, I so remember all of that”. Awesome list!
    Thinking of a few other things to add to your list:

-Pagers and the codes we came up with to communicate only using numbers.

-When the internet was new and dial-up, someone wouldn’t know you were on and pick up the phone. Instant disconnection.

-My grandmother had a correctable typewriter in the mid – late 90s and it was “all that and a bag of chips!”

-You talked about only have a few channels, but, remember when a show would be on and your dad would have you stand there and adjust the rabbit ears to get the picture clear? Uh huh…good times.

-This is one they will vaguely know but not really – paying cash for gas, fast food, etc and keeping a checkbook register. Remember how crazy it was when pay at the pump came out and we were all like “Uh, is this safe?” and learning how to properly swipe the card at the correct speed so it wouldn’t yell at you. Debit cards and online banking have completely changed how we handle money.

You guys are awesome, keep up the good work!